Bounces too easily?

divinglyc

Hi!

I like this aircraft very much and have spent a lot of time in it recently.

I have noticed something. When landing, the aircraft seems to bounce a little too easily? "Sometimes" even with the FPM around 200 would it cause over exaggerated bounce and even flip over of the aircraft. Maybe I have done something wrong, but I have noticed this for a few times.

Any one else suffer from this?

Thanks! 

I found that in the beginning as well but I learned to be more gentle with it. I've been really happy with my landings lately.

I think the big problem is that this aircraft is so good and there's no joystick out there that can really work as well as it needs to with it. when I wouldn't pay for an awesome yoke or joystick that works well with xplane!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, PilotGav said:

I found that in the beginning as well but I learned to be more gentle with it. I've been really happy with my landings lately.

I think the big problem is that this aircraft is so good and there's no joystick out there that can really work as well as it needs to with it. when I wouldn't pay for an awesome yoke or joystick that works well with xplane!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

yes indeed, it's a very sensitive aircraft and if your joystick/yoke has little deflection, it will be very hard to control

I think with a 200fpm touchdown it's not bouncing, it's still too much lift on your wing. The TBM likes to fly and you have to manage your airspeed on final and touchdown. Don't forget to keep "flying" the aircraft even after your wheels touch the ground to prevent wind gusts lifting you up again.

16 hours ago, divinglyc said:

That's true, but I noticed sometimes I bounced high and higher and even flipped over.... during that period, the throttle was idle.... so...:unsure:

happened to me as well :D but I feel like I now got a better feeling for it. I'm right now flying a B767 heavy on a 12h trip to FACT and it feels so different :D tomorrows landing in the TBM won't be nice :D