Multimonitor setup error

fog

3 hours ago, fog said:

Hi!

For your information: disabling the effects for exhaust and icing fixes this issue (as stated earlier in this post)

Freddy

Do you also experience a green color on all G1000 displays? Do you see the MFD flicker soon after all the auto systems finish testing? Does the iPad appear normal when you use 3 monitors? Just curious. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfd529 said:

Do you also experience a green color on all G1000 displays? Do you see the MFD flicker soon after all the auto systems finish testing? Does the iPad appear normal when you use 3 monitors? Just curious. 

Hi!

Have not noticed any flicker/green color.. and iPad?? Dont follow you here.

Freddy

20 hours ago, fog said:

Hi!

Have not noticed any flicker/green color.. and iPad?? Dont follow you here.

Freddy

Since you are running with 3 monitors are the G1000 displays a normal color. i.e. the PFD display is blue for the sky and brown for the earth? In my case all 3 Garmin’s are a light green color and the MFD flickers and has a patch of blue with what appears to be part of the top of the synthetic vision screen. I've added an example of what I see when I use a single screen vs enabling 3 screens . btw clicking on the USB ports will make the iPad appear on your yoke. The top screenshot is when using a single monitor. The other picture is when 3 monitors are used.

SingleMonitor.png

3Monitor.png

Edited by mfd529

Same problem here.

I also experience the same pea green color and weird effects with multiple monitors.  Parts of the display panel appear in the left and right-hand monitors where they should not be.   In its current state, it's not usable.  There should have been a warning about this not working with multiple monitors.  I would not have bought it in that case.

The first screenshot is my left-hand monitor, the second is the center monitor and the third is the right-hand monitor.   Has everyone reported this?

left hand monitor.PNG

Center monitor.PNG

right hand monitor.PNG

Edited by craighardy
  • Upvote 1

On 11/13/2018 at 6:14 PM, mfd529 said:

yes the green colors on the G1000 been reported. the fix is coming VERY soon. It sounds like the team is working on a few more fixes so hang in there. I'm seeing similar issues as well. You are not alone.

I reported the problem with multiple monitors to them last Sunday Nov. 11.  They created a ticket and have not even responded to me.  Hope it's because they're so busy trying to fix this.

I reported the problem with multiple monitors to them last Sunday Nov. 11.  They created a ticket and have not even responded to me.  Hope it's because they're so busy trying to fix this.

The documentation explicitly states support is through these forums only on this product.

Sales and activation support is through the support ticket channel.
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Cameron said:

The documentation explicitly states support is through these forums only on this product.

Sales and activation support is through the support ticket channel.

Your website says:

Please use the form on the right to contact us with any 
comments or concerns.

Also consider visiting our forums for quicker answers from 
those in our community.

We will reply as soon as we are able and will endeavor to reply within 3 days, but usually quicker.

Your documentation says:

Although we will on occasion refer to real-world training materials in this document, this
product is in NO WAY endorsed by DAHER-SOCATA or Garmin. Please DO NOT contact
them with questions about this product. If you have any questions, post them on the X-
Pilot.com forums at the following web address:
http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/forum/219-hotstart/

Neither the website nor the documentation limits support ONLY  to these forums.  In fact, your website says "Please use the form on the right to contact us with any comments or concerns."  Nothing about it being limited to sales and activation support. 

The problem I'm experiencing is neither DAHER-SOCATA nor Garmin related.  Therefore, your documentation is not clear and does not say explicitly say that "support is through these forums only on this product."  If instead I had a question about the performance of the aircraft and how it works or Garmin related question, I would have gone first to this website.  That was not the case.  

My purpose was to report a bug, that is not allowing the tbm900 to run properly on a triple-monitor setup.  That bug has nothing to do with DAHER-SOCATA or Garmin!!!

In any case, your response to me was not the kind of support expected, and falls short of support as it does not address the issue in this thread.

9 hours ago, Cameron said:

Not sure why you keep going on about Garmin or the manufacturer of the aircraft.

Hot Start includes documentation with the product. It points out these forums.

You've already been told in this thread that the team is working on it.

You brought up the issue that "The documentation explicitly states support is through these forums only on this product."  My response was to show that your documentation is not clear on that point as it mentions the forum in relation to questions dealing with DAHER-SOCATA and Garmin.  My issue is not related to either.  I brought it up because YOU mentioned the documentation, and the documentation does not say what you claim it says.  Pointing out this forum and limiting questions ONLY to this forum are not the same.   Your website says that people can submit ALL questions, and is not limited to SALES and ACTIVATION as you say.  If you wish to say that "The documentation explicitly states support is through these forums only on this product." then your documentation should say so.  It does not!

Well, I'm glad to hear officially for the first time from a representative of X-Aviation that the team is working on it.  Looking over the comments on this thread, I cannot say that I find the comment by a member of the forum that "he's waiting for fix" to be at all reassuring.  Is that being told that "the team is working on it."  Really? 

Nor do I find your attempt to "scold" me for something that the documentation clearly does not state while ignoring the main issue to be reassuring either or an example of good customer service.

1 hour ago, craighardy said:

My response was to show that your documentation is not clear on that point as it mentions the forum in relation to questions dealing with DAHER-SOCATA and Garmin.  My issue is not related to either.

"If you have any questions, post them on the X-Pilot.com forums at the following web address." - Hot Start Documentation

Word emphasized. It's a pretty purposeful word! I'm sorry if that wasn't clear to you.

Looking over the comments on this thread, I cannot say that I find the comment by a member of the forum that "he's waiting for fix" to be at all reassuring.  Is that being told that "the team is working on it."  Really?

How ridiculous! I like how you conveniently skipped the comment "the fix is coming VERY soon." Sounds pretty re-assuring as if someone knows what's going on to me!

Nor do I find your attempt to "scold" me for something that the documentation clearly does not state while ignoring the main issue to be reassuring either or an example of good customer service.

The initial intent was to point something out. You got defensive after that.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

"If you have any questions, post them on the X-Pilot.com forums at the following web address." - Hot Start Documentation

Word emphasized. It's a pretty purposeful word! I'm sorry if that wasn't clear to you.

How ridiculous! I like how you conveniently skipped the comment "the fix is coming VERY soon." Sounds pretty re-assuring as if someone knows what's going on to me!

The initial intent was to point something out. You got defensive after that.

And, your website says:

Please use the form on the right to contact us with any 
comments or concerns.

Yes, it's a pretty purposeful word.  If it's unclear and you're truly sorry and not trying to simply be sarcastic, then remove the word "any" from your website to make it clear, as the website nowhere states that it's limited to "sales and activation" as you claimed.  Because as it stands now, the addressing of any comments or concerns can be made in either location.

It's not defensive to point out that your statement concerning the above is not accurate based on what it written on the website.  You purposely ignore that fact as you refer to the documentation only while ignoring the context of the forum reference in that same documentation which can be misinterpreted.  You're the one who got defensive, because I mentioned that no one answered my ticket which is also factual (even with the response to report the matter to this forum which would have taken mere seconds).  Customers should be treated with courtesy.  Ignoring customers making an inquiry at the website is not courteous.

"How ridiculous!", you say.  It's amazing the number of ways you come up with to belittle your customers.

"yes the green colors on the G1000 been reported. the fix is coming VERY soon."  Sorry,  I was not aware that mfd529 speaks on behalf of your company and as an authority on this matter.  I thought he was simply another member of this forum.    If he is simply another member of this forum, then no, it's not reassuring, and it's not ridiculous to ignore comments from someone who does not appear to be an authority concerning the fix.  

Also, the word "fix" is singular and refers to the green colors only.  That is what it says, and it's not ridiculous to point that out!  I am experiencing not only green colors on the G1000, but also on my triple-monitor setup parts of the panel that appear in my main monitor are appearing out of place in monitors 1 and 3.  There is quite a bit of flickering as well on the MFD.  Those effects, rather than the green colors, is making this software unusable for me.  Does that have anything to do with the green colors on the G1000?  Will the green color issue also include a fix for that?  I've submitted screen shots to show what I'm seeing, as it's somewhat difficult to explain.  I would appreciate a response without the attempt to ridicule.

Edited by craighardy

Dang you're exhausting, Craig. You sure know how to make a simple thing complex.

I've stated my points. You can try and argue them all you want, and dismiss the facts to please your theory.

I'm done with the subject. What I have said stands. Now you know, and I'm pleased to see others don't seem to have the same issue you do interpreting and following those guidelines.

• Downvote 1

On 11/17/2018 at 1:45 PM, Cameron said:

Dang you're exhausting, Craig. You sure know how to make a simple thing complex.

I've stated my points. You can try and argue them all you want, and dismiss the facts to please your theory.

I'm done with the subject. What I have said stands. Now you know, and I'm pleased to see others don't seem to have the same issue you do interpreting and following those guidelines.

You accuse me of what you are doing.  Sorry you find dealing with truth exhausting.  I also discovered you have quite a reputation for hostility toward your customers.

Edited by craighardy