Please let us get rid of the pilot?

PilotGav

First off, let me say that this is by far the best aircraft I've ever flown in a flight simulator. I can't count how many flights I've made today alone it's so good. I'm a real world pilot so I don't usually enjoy flight simulation as much as real flying but right now I'm loving it more.

However can I please ask you to give us the option to get rid of that fake pilot from the external view LOL. It completely removes the immersion.

I love the aircrafts experience so much that at the end of every flight I actually open the door and step out just to look at the aircraft but seeing him sitting there looking like a cartoon pulls me back to reality. [emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Adding more detail on the pilot is not going to happen. Likewise, removing the pilot will not happen either.

We used to not include pilots years ago. We got far too many requests and complaints for it, using the same argument you just did, but saying that it's not realistic to NOT see a pilot.

I can see us creating a removal of the pilot in maintenance mode. Maybe something else option wise in the future, but for right now we have bigger fish to fry.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Someone had to do it

Put him instead LMAO ><a href=http://forums.x-pilot.com/uploads/monthly_2018_11/354905F9-81E8-4432-8731-B642BBF62C8C.jpeg.d0f15484a03ef96661ec077ef4fd0132.jpeg' alt='354905F9-81E8-4432-8731-B642BBF62C8C.jpeg.d0f15484a03ef96661ec077ef4fd0132.jpeg'>

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Mateyhv said:

Thanks Goran, that is a much nicer response than Camerons "nothing of this is going to happen..."

You probably misinterpreted what Cameron was saying.  

Here is what he said:

"I can see us creating a removal of the pilot in maintenance mode. Maybe something else option wise in the future, but for right now we have bigger fish to fry."

That was posted over a month ago, when we did have many issues to address.  The pilots were definitely not anywhere near the top of the priorities list.

Lately, over the last week or 2, it has been a lot easier for me, so I did what Cameron hinted to.  (Removal of the pilot in maintenance mode or some other option in the future.)

Edited by Goran_M

On 12/15/2018 at 10:57 AM, Goran_M said:

That was posted over a month ago, when we did have many issues to address.  The pilots were definitely not anywhere near the top of the priorities list.

Congratulations for your attitude Goran, TBM900 has its issues, some related to the platform constrains but you guys are working hard on this

Think is: I can see a gold future for HotStart and Laminar Research, we will keep pushing, if you don't mind

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2