TBM 900 v1.1 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.1 update for the TBM 900. All customers who have purchased the TBM 900 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the TBM 900 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original TBM 900 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Starter body should cool even with engine ties on.
  • Timer system change on Windows broke state files which had timer rollover issues.
  • Removed HDEF condition from GPS->LOC switchover.
  • Massive refactoring of random failure code and cut sudden failures due to them being too frequent.
  • Don't reset aircraft to cold & dark on smartcopilot connection in the air.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

Edited by skiselkov
Version number cleanup
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xpillo said:

can I go back to an earlier version if I upgrade to 1.1

Unfortunately no, we do not support version downgrades.

3 hours ago, Xpillo said:

What type of condition has been removed? --->Removed HDEF condition from GPS-> LOC switchover.

When on a programmed ILS approach, the aircraft initially flies in GPS mode, then when inbound to the final approach fix it will switch over to LOC mode and start tracking the localizer. Prior to 1.0.9b, we used to have a condition there that the horizonal deflection (HDEF) of the CDI had to be less than 2.5 dots before automatic LOC tracking on the autopilot would be enabled. That condition was causing trouble, as the G1000 would sometimes switch to LOC mode before less than full CDI needle deflection was detected (happened on very steep turns to final - around 90 degrees). So we got rid of that condition. It's not realistic, but it's the only way to work around this bug in the underlying G1000 simulation.

• Like 1

Hi,

was there a specific reason why the 1.1 is renamed to 1.0.9b ?

Do i have to reinstall the aircraft? I loaded the package when it was named "1.1".

Another question generally:

The payload (persons and baggage) isn´t stored to the next flight? Just not implemented?

Is there a list of conditions, what must be done, that the aircraft is recognized as properly shut down?

regards,

Martin

50 minutes ago, Martin_1970 said:

was there a specific reason why the 1.1 is renamed to 1.0.9b ?

Mistake in publishing, the update should have been named 1.0.9b from the start.

51 minutes ago, Martin_1970 said:

The payload (persons and baggage) isn´t stored to the next flight?

That is by design. When the flight is complete, the passengers get off the airplane.

53 minutes ago, Martin_1970 said:

Is there a list of conditions, what must be done, that the aircraft is recognized as properly shut down?

The conditions are simple: the sim has been properly shut down (i.e. not a crash) and the aircraft is stationary.

9 minutes ago, Xpillo said:

I register with my account autorouter.aero and test OK, but it does not work does not load the charts and at the same time when leaving xplane the simulator freezes. I've checked it since version 1.0.9 and 1.1.  

Seems to work just fine:

TBM900_1.thumb.png.ed28e6d40eb7297332e10af6bcbdf294.png

Also no freeze on sim exit. The freeze is indicative of a connection issue or a very slow connection. The chart loader tries to download the chart for 5 minutes before giving up - if you quit the sim during that time period, it can block on the background thread to finish.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Has the issue that breaks saved status from earlier versions been fixed, so I can safely update the plane without loosing my progress?

Regards,

Fengyu

Edit: Sorry I just read the changelog again and found out that it has already answered my question. Anyway thanks for the quick fix!

Edited by 2Fat2Fly

3 hours ago, skiselkov said:

Also no freeze on sim exit. The freeze is indicative of a connection issue or a very slow connection. The chart loader tries to download the chart for 5 minutes before giving up - if you quit the sim during that time period, it can block on the background thread to finish.

Solved, you are right ... I checked my internet speed and it was very slow hehe, I have 300Mbs hired and in the speed test it indicated me 145Kbs. :o

Thanks you

Edited by Xpillo

Trying out 1.1.  A few issues I never had before:  MFD is in PFD mode and I can only manage to display a small map in bottom right corner of display by pressing inset.  How do I get rid of jumbo PFD and have full screen map like before?  Also seems the MFD keypad is unresponsive to data entry when entering waypoints, have no choice to use FMC scroll wheel...

Also no wind data and don't see rudder trim indication on MFD....

Could be me doing something wrong...

1 minute ago, CYUL900 said:

Trying out 1.1.  A few issues I never had before:  MFD is in PFD mode and I can only manage to display a small map in bottom right corner of display by pressing inset.  How do I get rid of jumbo PFD and have full screen map like before?  Also seems the MFD keypad is unresponsive to data entry when entering waypoints, have no choice to use FMC scroll wheel...

Also no wind data and don't see rudder trim indication on MFD....

Could be me doing something wrong...

You have enabled DISPLAY BACKUP mode (this mode is used in case the MFD or PFD fails - it compresses all information onto a single screen and makes all screens display the same image). You should be able to get out of the mode by pressing the red button on the bottom of the intercom panel to the left of the PFD.

Aileron and rudder trim indications aren't available in backup mode, only elevator trim.

I was in icing conditions and looked out the left window and saw this.....something is not right here...I've tried a fresh XP11.30b2-install with only the TBM900 installed. This issue came in v1.1.0 for me.

Otherwise since the v1.1.0 update the plane haven't CTD:ed or have had any other problems.

Help? :)

Best regards

tbm900_texture.png

17 hours ago, pavage said:

I was in icing conditions and looked out the left window and saw this.....something is not right here...I've tried a fresh XP11.30b2-install with only the TBM900 installed. This issue came in v1.1.0 for me.

Otherwise since the v1.1.0 update the plane haven't CTD:ed or have had any other problems.

Help? :)

Best regards

tbm900_texture.png

Same issue on 11.3. This white shadow of the aircraft remains visible when moving your head around, especially in VR. Knowing it is a beta, of course I will patiently wait for a fix.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic