Gizmo plugin problem + activation problem (TBM900)

gjuliusg

Hi,

After TBM900 installation my XP11 crashes on startup when initializing plugins. I found out that Gizmo64.plugin is related with this. After I removed pthreadVC2.dll from Gizmo64.plugin folder my XP11 got back to work. However I am not able to activate my TBM900 because I do not get a activation popup. So I see "aircraft not activated" on PFD.

Please find attached log file. I can not find any Gizmolog on my XP11 folders.

Thanks for your help. I really need it.

Log.txt

36 minutes ago, gjuliusg said:

Hi,

After TBM900 installation my XP11 crashes on startup when initializing plugins. I found out that Gizmo64.plugin is related with this. After I removed pthreadVC2.dll from Gizmo64.plugin folder my XP11 got back to work. However I am not able to activate my TBM900 because I do not get a activation popup. So I see "aircraft not activated" on PFD.

Please find attached log file. I can not find any Gizmolog on my XP11 folders.

Thanks for your help. I really need it.

Log.txt

Thanks for the bug report. 

Gizmo required pthreads to communicate with the activation servers. 

It may be possible to rework the code using more modern features and remove my dependence on pthreads. 

I'll investigate and see what I can do. 

This won't be a quick fix though..

Thanks,

Ben R. 

Solved the problem!

I removed all plugins from my Resources folder. Only left Gizmo64, XPLM_64 and XPWidgets_64 (dll and so files).

XP11 finally successfully started and I was able to activate the TBM900. Then one by one brought back my plugins and at the end of the day I found the problem: SkunkCraftsUpdater. Still don't know what exactly does this plugin but as well as TBM900 runs smoothly on my XP11 I am 100% ok with that.

Best regards,

Julius

7 hours ago, gjuliusg said:

Then one by one brought back my plugins and at the end of the day I found the problem: SkunkCraftsUpdater. Still don't know what exactly does this plugin but as well as TBM900 runs smoothly on my XP11 I am 100% ok with that.

Curious.  I have no issues with the SkunkCrafts updater together with the TBM.  Are you sure you're using the latest version?

BTW, it updates a number of aircraft.

• Upvote 1