TBM 900 v1.0.8 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.0.8 update for the TBM 900. All customers who have purchased the TBM 900 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the TBM 900 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.0.8 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original TBM 900 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Very large poly reduction in cockpit. Cut another 50,000 polys off the model without loss of visual quality.
  • Brake left/right hold commands were broken by axis logic rework. Put those back in.
  • Implemented datarefs to show aerodynamic flight control loading, control position and neutral point.
  • Flight control aerodynamic load was being incorrectly computed from instrument-indicated airspeed.
  • Toe brake handling in partial axis assign situations is all wrong.
  • Added thrust loading to flight control aerodynamic loading.
  • Added notification about the MAN OVRD lever with engine shut down.
  • Added notification about flooded combustor.
  • Made exterior walkaround clickspots hidden when inside the cockpit.
  • Added radar self-test sounds.
  • Added new internal main door lock/unlock sounds.
  • Turning off autopilot on XP11.30 caused a crash in yaw damper handling code.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, pcartier1960 said:

Speechless... OK WOW! do you guys  ever sleep?

It might not seem like it sometimes! :)

Just want to echo some words posted by @skiselkov on the TBM discord channel:

"With this update we're concluding release week and barring any massive explosions, we'll be taking a short break from the daily updates. Expect the next update to drop some time at the end of next week or two. We've got stuff planned in the pipeline that'll require more than a day's work, and I'm sure your fingers were starting to bleed from having to type in those login credentials so often. Of course, we're not going away or anything. We'll still be around on Discord & the x-pilot.com forums daily, ready to answer your questions and address your concerns."

• Like 10

Just now, sabreman said:

After this ridiculous break neck pace you all definitely need that! Thank you very, very much for delivering such a high-quality aircraft and for putting so much effort into it over the past week. 

You're welcome! We're glad you enjoy it! :)

• Like 1

I am really loving how this aircraft has progressed so quickly. Even in 11.30 beta, she is starting to shine.

Only VR related anomalies I have noted thus far, icing is not appearing where it should be. Other than that, She is faring quite well.

See attached picture below, which is of my LEFT EYE in the Oculus Rift.1043297043_X-Plane2018-10-2709-34-38-245.thumb.jpg.229cf417be84889f70a8b49fc55208fa.jpg

On 10/27/2018 at 12:50 PM, kmvy said:

Anyone having issues with adjusting HDG??? I am!

That you can't dial when grab and move?

I noticed that but when you slightly change your view(move your head) than it works well as it should.

I think it is x-plane bud as I met it in other planes as well.

4 minutes ago, kalleffm said:

sorry. my fault: it isnt there any more, in 1.07 it was flashing on the wingtips when there was electrical power, right now there isnt any beacon light flashing at the wingtips at all

Not sure what you mean, they're still very much there for me. Are you sure you're not just moving your view outside using the internal cockpit camera? External lights are not rendered in that view.

TBM900_4.thumb.png.9699e8345448836eb538075e465ffbdd.png

Make sure you are using one of the exterior views available via the View > Change (External) menu:

shot.png.31d3553184e5cb717c9854409844a1df.png

Sadly, again this issue :

Xplane 11.26r2

v1.0.8 random crash during cruise, otherwise plane works nicely.

2018-10-29 04:13:51 TBM900[except.c:171]: Caught EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Backtrace is:
0 00007FF8DED5BCF0 C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll+ebcf0 ()
1 00007FF8E1D12717 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+a2717 ()
2 00007FF8E1CFAB36 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+8ab36 ()
3 00007FF8E1D0ED2D C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+9ed2d ()
4 00007FF8E1C76C86 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+6c86 ()
5 00007FF8E1D0DC5E C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+9dc5e ()
6 00007FF60470CFAC J:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+eecfac ()
7 00007FF603C4B406 J:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+42b406 ()
8 00007FF603C4A3DE J:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+42a3de ()
9 00007FF603C58102 J:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+438102 ()
10 00007FF603C8E30E J:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe+46e30e ()
11 00007FF8DFA23034 C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL+13034 ()
12 00007FF8E1CE1461 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+71461 ()

Edited by RzR
Xplane version

Great work on the Plane guys loving it. Have noticed a few bugs and one big one tonight,

1.  Ice is not correctly positioned in VR as mentioned before plus

2. Rain effect is inside the cockpit and floats with the headset and does not stay locked to the windows.

3. VS rotation knob is difficult to turn properly in VR with the new click spots. and the hi/low idle knob is difficult to select no as it was fine before. either goes back to low idle or difficult to move it across.

4. On my flight tonight descending from 20000 ft my altitude froze up at 17,345ft and i lost control of airspeed that went into over-speed into the red. it was cold outside but even with pitot and de-ice on causing flaps to fail even though my GS speed on the GPS was at 112 knots. Parking the ppane up the engine would not shut down properly as it the start was stuck on. after restarting X-plane it returned to nornal and had to replace the flaps.

5. sounds on generator and plane with the door open have a static noise.

Apart from that guys excellent product so far and cant wait to see whats happening in the future.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic