[SOLVED] Force Feedback Yoke problem

Mark Hsu

Hi, I build a DIY force feedback yoke, which can change it's neutral position to simulate realistic hardware trim behavior. I use the same method like Brunner CLS yoke do, to disable X-Plane software trim effect.  It works great for every default X-Plane aircraft, and many other payware aircraft.

https://cls2sim.brunner-innovation.swiss/TrimFunctionality.htm

But, this method dose not work for TBM 900. Is it possible to disable the trim effect?

TBM900_trim.PNG

Edited by skiselkov

@Mark Hsu The TBM uses a completely custom trim implementation that ignores the values set in Plane Maker. It should behave realistically without additional tuning. The airplane sets sim/flightmodel/controls/hstab1_elv1def and sim/flightmodel/controls/hstab2_elv1def to the exact degree deflection value of the elevator given control inputs, trim settings and aerodynamic loading. The min & max of these values is -23 to +23. We currently don't have a dataref showing where the neutral trim point is located. If it helps, I can make one for you and also show you the relative aerodynamic loading. That should help you drive your hardware force feedback.

• Like 1

We currently don't have a dataref showing where the neutral trim point is located. If it helps, I can make one for you and also show you the relative aerodynamic loading. That should help you drive your hardware force feedback.

I definitely need you help. Please make the neutral trim point and aerodynamic loading dataref. THANKS A LOT!

從我的iPad使用Tapatalk 發送

19 hours ago, Mark Hsu said:

Hi, I build a DIY force feedback yoke, which can change it's neutral position to simulate realistic hardware trim behavior. I use the same method like Brunner CLS yoke do, to disable X-Plane software trim effect.  It works great for every default X-Plane aircraft, and many other payware aircraft.

https://cls2sim.brunner-innovation.swiss/TrimFunctionality.htm

But, this method dose not work for TBM 900. Is it possible to disable the trim effect?

TBM900_trim.PNG

Hi Mark,

I have the BRUNNER yoke so what is your problem with the trim function in this aircraft. For example; i have only trouble withe the ZIBO mod 737-800. If i disconect the Auto Pilot the aircraft is total out of trim. If i disconnect the AP the aircraft dives like  a jetfighter.

Regards

Hi Jovabra, 

In order to let my DIY force feedback yoke work properly, I have to disable X-Plane trim effect in Plane Maker. So the trim dose not effect elevator position, it only change the neutral position of my yoke. That means, if I hold the yoke position, and trim. The pitch will not change directly, but the force in my hand will change.

Like skiselkov said, TBM 900 uses a completely custom trim implementation. I can not disable it in plane maker. That is my current problem.

Edited by Mark Hsu

Next build will contain the following datarefs:

tbm900/fctl/ail/relative = -1 .. +1
tbm900/fctl/ail/neutral = -1 .. +1
tbm900/fctl/ail/load = 0 .. +1.0

tbm900/fctl/elev/relative = -1 .. +1
tbm900/fctl/elev/neutral = -1 .. +1
tbm900/fctl/elev/load = 0 .. +1.0

tbm900/fctl/rud/relative = -1 .. +1
tbm900/fctl/rud/neutral = -1 .. +1
tbm900/fctl/rud/load = 0 .. +1.0
  • _relative: represents where along its travel the flight control sits (0 being center). This changes according to trim input and user flight control forces applied.
  • _neutral: represents where along its travel the flight control would be if zero user force is supplied. This is your centering force target.
  • _load: represents the relative aerodynamic loads on the flight control. Use this to calibrate your centering force amplitude.

With these datarefs in hand, you should be able to calibrate your force feedback algorithm to want to return the controls back to the neutral force point and also the magnitude of the return force.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hello, 

Any progress on this matter? I'm using BFF CL and I'm about to begin fly this beauty but I understand there's a lot going on outside of default xplane with this bird. 

Ultimately it would probably be much better using the datarefs provided above than BFF control software but I have no clue how.. Anyone else using BFF CL with TBM900? 

Br. 

Anders