RealityXP Garmin GTN 750

RobertErdman

• 4 weeks later...

I dont use the RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 in the TBM 900. I use the stock G1000, and it is really a great alternative. Take the time to read the G1000 manual and give it a try you will probably like it as much or more than the RealityXP Garmin GTN 750. The Flight planning and RNV work well. Only thing lacking is the TOD, but if you use the rule-of-thumb it works every time. 

I use the RealityXP Garmin GTN 750 a lot, just not in this airplane. I dont know that the developer advertises the G1000 capabilities enough, it really is good: as you would expect from Goran Matovina.

Regards,

Bob

When comparing the G1000 to the GTN 750, it's like comparing a mechanics garage to a home tool kit.  The G1000 can do so much more than the GTN.  In saying that, if you choose to add the GTN to the TBM, you will definitely void all support.  As I said in a post further up, a lot is going on behind the scenes, that using anything outside software will have unpredictable results.

• 2 years later...

Functionaly of X1000 in are great... but, GTN are more user-friendlly. Also touch-screen do it's job great (out of rescaling screen time-to-time) ;)

Since last update, I had great compability, but now it's stuck on "ARRIVING WPT" message with no reaction to flight plan/Direct to button action :/

On 11/18/2018 at 10:04 PM, RobertErdman said:

Only thing lacking is the TOD, but if you use the rule-of-thumb it works every time. 

VNAV works fine with the Laminar Research G1000. The map view should show a TOD on your route once you've entered vertical constraints in the flight plan view.