TBM 900 v1.0.5 Update Released!

Cameron

2 hours ago, jouwnaam said:

Absolutely amazing update! I'm finally able to fly this beautiful plane at decent framerates. At ORBX Great Britain South (and UK2000 Cardiff) I got somewhere between 45 and 55 FPS in clear weather. Which means I can finally lock it at 30FPS again for butter smooth flying. And which also means this plane went form one of the heaviest planes to one of the best performing planes in my collection. Amazing!

Thanks for supporting this plane in such an amazing way! You definitely set an example for other add-on developers with both the quality of the plane and the great support you're providing. Keep up the good work!

My specs: i7 4790K, 16GB RAM, GTX1070, multiple SSDs + 7TB HDD for ortho

Still works for me, so guess indeed your fault? ;-)

I'm jealous? same setting but with an 1080ti and 1440p, but my FPS werent that high, i've just reinstalled Xplane 11 from scratch and i hope to have similar FPS, because 50 fps with orbx GB is just amazing

Iandiss,

the vast majority of your very long log.txt script is made up this;

2018-10-24 20:50:23 TBM900[sensors.c:318]: X-Plane state seems to contain a NaN value: dr_getf(dr); falling back to value 0.000000

Don't know if this is significant.

but in common with two other systems described on these forums not working at their best , you also have the Terrain Radar utility loading from your plugins folder.

27 minutes ago, fireone said:

Seamaster , you could try disabling the Terrain Radar utility .

I just had a quick look at the aircraft supported by this utility over at the .org and the TBM , for now , isn't one of them .

Does Airport Navigator display its results on MFD ? If so might be worth a disable trial.

The devs have recommended switching off as many plugins as possible if you run into problems. 

In your case you have quite a few . You can disable one by one .

Or:

My approach would be to rename your Resources file to something like MyResourcesfile

Create a new Resources file in the main Xplane folder.

Run xplane installer and let it create a brand new vanilla Resources folder . 

Reinstall TBM 900

Restart XP

That way you have your working Resources folder preserved and easily reinstalled by renaming it Resources .

Thank you very much,

I will do, try unboxing one by one every items inside the resources file and also in pluggings folder

Seamaster , apologies if you already know this : I would disable plugins by accessing the  plugins via the toolbar . At the toolbar , plugins > enable/diable once Xplane is fired up rather than manipulating the resources or plugin folders if that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, fireone said:

Seamaster , apologies if you already know this : I would disable plugins by accessing the  plugins via the toolbar . At the toolbar , plugins > enable/diable once Xplane is fired up rather than manipulating the resources or plugin folders if that makes sense.

That is often not enough to actually disable a plugin. The enable/disable checkbox is a soft request from X-Plane that the plugin can ignore (and many do).

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, skiselkov said:

That is often not enough to actually disable a plugin. The enable/disable checkbox is a soft request from X-Plane that the plugin can ignore (and many do).

Wow , well that is a crucial, essential  bit of information . Thanks for highlighting it. Completely changes my plugin troubleshooting protocol. 

7 minutes ago, skiselkov said:

Thank you,

I disable all plugins by X-Organizer, re-install BTM900 and nothing. The three screens are the same , PFD's & MFD

I put a image.

TBM900_1.png

It is like a C172 would be beside you at the apron but it is not. I use Xivap and AI planes don't appear.

You would certainly notice that sound when you have yours OFF :)

Maybe I had "start with engines ON" when selecting new flight.

Will check it after a testflight now at FL300 - 500nm.

Cheers

Edited by marpilot

Can someone describe the best update process. I can't seem to find a good description of the best way to update. When I purchased the plane it was at 1.0.4. Now that I've downloaded 1.0.5 do I uninstall the previous version and then install 1.0.5 or can I install 1.0.5 over top of 1.0.4? Thanks for any help.

Dave

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic