[SOLVED] Rudder trim seting for TO

cmbaviator

I have a few quesitons :

1) Do you have to set the rudder trim for TO? I'm asking that because i'm not familiar with turboreactor aircraft, i used to fly the majestic q400 on P3D and you musn't set the rudder trim for TO in case of the right engine failure. But the TBM being a single turboreactor aircraft I think you can and must set rudder trim for TO.

2) If yes, what is the value ? I know there is a green band for the elevator trim ( indicating the Optimum TO trim value) and same thing for the rudder, Should i set the rudder trim to match the green band ?

3) after setting the AP, will the AP adjust the rudder trim to avoid sliding or it's up to the pilot to manually adjust the ruder trim for each flight phase.

Thanks ?

Edited by skiselkov

36 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

1) Do you have to set the rudder trim for TO? I'm asking that because i'm not familiar with turboreactor aircraft, i used to fly the majestic q400 on P3D and you musn't set the rudder trim for TO in case of the right engine failure. But the TBM being a single turboreactor aircraft I think you can and must set rudder trim for TO.

2) If yes, what is the value ? I know there is a green band for the elevator trim ( indicating the Optimum TO trim value) and same thing for the rudder, Should i set the rudder trim to match the green band ?

For 1 & 2 you check the manual distributed with the aircraft, it's explained there.

2 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

i've recherched " rudder trim" in : http://www.tbm.aero/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/PIM__900_AN__E0R2.pdf

didn't find a TO value

I don't know about this manual. What I meant is the PDF manual distributed by X-Aviation, with the model. You can find it in <X-PlaneDir>/Aircraft/X-Aviation/TBM900/Documents or something like that (not sure and don't have XP at hand to check).

Edited by stolowski

1 minute ago, stolowski said:

I don't know about this manual. What I meant is the PDF manual distributed by X-Aviation, with the model. You can find it in <X-PlaneDir>/Aircraft/X-Aviation/TBM900/Documents or something like that (not sure and don't have XP at hand to check).

fair enough, i will have a look.

• Cameron locked and unlocked this topic