[Not a Bug] Fuel Weight unit

cmbaviator

4 hours ago, armandvz said:

I was also hoping that the fuel unit can be changed to kgs or lbs instead of USG, it would make life so much easier for us outside of the US

agreed but on the same time regarding performance in the G1000, it only take USG, so better get use to it, as a quick rule of thumb ( can be done mentally)

1USG = 4kg (1-0.1) = 3.6Kg / exact :3.79kg  basically X USG = X -10%X kg

10 USG = 36 Kg / exact 37.9kg

Edited by cmbaviator

1 hour ago, siege00 said:

I may be wrong here, but wouldn't GAL be more accurate in using the load manager anyway since I've heard XP doesn't calculate the difference in weight between AVGAS and jet fuels?  Of course I could be wrong about XP's gas/fuel calculations.

X-Plane models fuel flow in kg/sec, irrespective of the fuel type. It's up to the addon maker to fine-tune it so it behaves sensibly.

• 2 years later...
On 10/26/2018 at 10:53 PM, maub said:

From the POH, the conversion is approximately 2.97 (of course this is variable, because one is weight an the other is volume, the density is at play here), that's what I've used for the PFPX profile I did.

US Gal x 2.97 = Kgs
Kgs / 2.97 = US Gal

On which page is this on the POH please? I tried to look it up but couldn't find it.