TBM 900 v1.0.4 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.0.4 update for the TBM 900. All customers who have purchased the TBM 900 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the TBM 900 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.0.4 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original TBM 900 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Added visual effects configurator for low-end hardware
  • Added MesaGL compatibility
  • Fixed crash when depressurized & oxygen on at high altitude
  • Fixed load crash due to some Windows machines not having properly working random number generators
  • Cut approximately 150,000 polygons from model.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 2

Thanks for the fast update of this amazing plane.

With GTX 980 I get 25-30 FPS at LFMD in CAVOK.

Not so bad but I usually fly online with realweather (clouds) and rendering goes too slow.

I hope Vulcan will help in the future because I am not going to buy another GPU for the plane to fly smoothly.

With C172 I have 50-70 in the same cavok condition.

I wonder how many simmers have GPU like 1080 or higher...10% ? More or less?

Cheers

7 minutes ago, marpilot said:

1080 series were a pretty sizable jump from a 980.

That said, majority of customers have pretty high end GPUs. We will continue looking at options, but I won't lie and say the 980 isn't getting a little long in the tooth. On the flip side, whenever you do upgrade, that's going to feel like a BIG jump with today's GPU tech! :)

10 minutes ago, marpilot said:

Thanks for the fast update of this amazing plane.

With GTX 980 I get 25-30 FPS at LFMD in CAVOK.

Not so bad but I usually fly online with realweather (clouds) and rendering goes too slow.

I hope Vulcan will help in the future because I am not going to buy another GPU for the plane to fly smoothly.

With C172 I have 50-70 in the same cavok condition.

Cheers

it's mainly for the VRAM (11Gb) even with my 1080ti, it doesn't go up to 50% usage in 2K (CPU limited: 4790k @4.6 GHz). I hope will be more CPU friendly in the futur

2 minutes ago, Cameron said:

1080 series were a pretty sizable jump from a 980.

That said, majority of customers have pretty high end GPUs. We will continue looking at options, but I won't lie and say the 980 isn't getting a little long in the tooth. On the flip side, whenever you do upgrade, that's going to feel like a BIG jump with today's GPU tech! :)

So I jumped to Condor 2 soaring simulator (gliders) recently and I get 100-400 FPS.

I think something is wrong with X-plane rendering engine. It is crazy that it forces us to buy so expensive hardware.

4 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

with the same texture quality ?

Same settings, i fly in south america with ortho4xp sceneries at zl16.

In SAZM it jumped from 30 fps to almost 40 fps in CAVOK conditions.

With a stratus layer it drops to ~32 fps

The VRAM usage is almost 5.5g (photoscenery uses lots of VRAM)

Best regards

Fernando.

10 minutes ago, coolhand said:

Same settings, i fly in south america with ortho4xp sceneries at zl16.

In SAZM it jumped from 30 fps to almost 40 fps in CAVOK conditions.

With a stratus layer it drops to ~32 fps

The VRAM usage is almost 5.5g (photoscenery uses lots of VRAM)

Best regards

Fernando.

do you mind sharing your setting ? 25-30 FPS with some clouds is quite nice, ( My VRAM is often between 8-10Gb)

I have an 4790k @4.6 and GTX 1080ti on a 1440p monitor but have very low FPS in general, I just formated my Xplane 11 SSD and will reinstall it from scratch, i hope to have correct FPS

9 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

do you mind sharing your setting ? 25-30 FPS with some clouds is quite nice, ( My VRAM is often between 8-10Gb)

I have an 4790k @4.6 and GTX 1080ti on a 1440p monitor but have very low FPS in general, I just formated my Xplane 11 SSD and will reinstall it from scratch, i hope to have correct FPS

Sure, i dont have access to my pc until tomorrow, i will share it as soon as posible. You should get way more than that with your specs.

Try to load the plane in SAZM airport, and check fps. Take into account that the autogen density is way lower than in europe.

Which nvidia driver version do you have?

Best regards

Fernando

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic