[SOLVED] Throttle jumps to lo idle when feathering

argonius

Hi!

First of all congratulations to the developers for producing such an excellent piece of 3D art and systems programming!

I have a minor issue with the throttle. If the lever is in flight idle position and I drag it to the right with the mouse in order to feather the props, the lever doesn't stay at hi idle position but travels one "notch" down into low idle. Not sure if it's me doing something wrong or if it's a bug. I am on Linux.

Thanks & BR

Christian

Edited by skiselkov

On 10/21/2018 at 11:58 AM, argonius said:

I have a minor issue with the throttle. If the lever is in flight idle position and I drag it to the right with the mouse in order to feather the props, the lever doesn't stay at hi idle position but travels one "notch" down into low idle. Not sure if it's me doing something wrong or if it's a bug. I am on Linux.

It is an understandably somewhat confusing detail of the manipulator design. If you hold the command down for too long after the throttle has moved 1 notch (more than ~1 second), it moves immediately to low idle. We have this control in there so you can go straight from low idle to flight idle in one fluid motion. I'll try to see if I redesign it so it's a little less confusing. But what you were probably experiencing is "as designed" at the moment.