TBM 900 v1.0.2 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.0.2 update for the TBM 900. All customers who have purchased the TBM 900 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the TBM 900 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.0.2 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original TBM 900 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Implemented synthetic vision performance improvements (adaptive refresh rate, reduce mesh density)
  • Fixed crash due to bad X-Plane dataref values confusing avionics
  • Fixed macOS 10.12 unable to load plugin code due to bad curl library dependency

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

1 minute ago, awebneck said:

I just updated - and verified I *did* install version 1.0.2, but after starting up X-plane in the aircraft I'm still getting the "There is a TBM update available" message every time.

You can dismiss it. That's just a matter of the server not yet updated on @skiselkov's end to reflect the change.

5 minutes ago, beewip said:

well very disappointed, this aircraft beauty it's not for me.

I surrendered :(, thanks guy for all

Just stay running on  this way and continue create this kind of model

Log.txt

I think we're still working on ATI card issues. Those on Nvidia seem fine for the moment. Hopefully a fix out in the next build for this!

Just now, Cameron said:

I think we're still working on ATI card issues. Those on Nvidia seem fine for the moment. Hopefully a fix out in the next build for this!

i wish you good luck and i will still got hope meanwhile you and the team continue this hard work.
I ll be awaiting the next update.

Thanks and regards

Unfortunately I had to report that the update didn't fix the CTD, it was the same type of crash than before.

I understands how difficult is the initial entry of a new product, even in real aviation, sometimes new aircrafts have a lot of issues (ask me how I know); nevertheless frustrating but understandable.

keep working hard and I hope that you and your team can find a prompt solution.

Regards,

Alvaro R.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Updated, rebooted, still CTD on Radeon. Same error as before. 

I will check back later.

2018-10-21 04:27:35 TBM900[xplane.c:931]: This is the TBM900 (53fb048) libacfutils-5d74237
2018-10-21 04:27:35 TBM900[except.c:171]: Caught EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Backtrace is:
0 000000007758BC20 C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll+9bc20 ()
1 0000000077789015 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+79015 ()
2 0000000077767388 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+57388 ()
3 000000007777BF7D C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+6bf7d ()
4 000000007775043A C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+4043a ()
5 000000007777B61E C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll+6b61e ()

1 hour ago, iandiss said:

I just rolled back to an old driver for my ASUS ROG R480X Strix Graphics Card, AMD_Driver_Win7Win10_16502001_64bit, and V1.0.2 works fine.

@iandiss Where did you find it ? I am also on a RX480 and haven't been able to use the TBM. I was on 18.10.1, rolled back to 18.5.1, and still nothing.

Edited by TheSkipjack95

Thank you so much for the amazing support even on a weekend :)

One question I can't find the answer: Do we need to uninstall the previous installation before we install the latest? I did so but had to manually delete the TBM folders on aircrafts and output directories. Is this the correct way to uninstall? Or, is it necessairy?

11 minutes ago, Ifikratis said:

Thank you so much for the amazing support even on a weekend :)

One question I can't find the answer: Do we need to uninstall the previous installation before we install the latest? I did so but had to manually delete the TBM folders on aircrafts and output directories. Is this the correct way to uninstall? Or, is it necessairy?

You don' t need to uninstall it. And the Output/TBM900 directory is what contains the aircraft's persistent state. Leave that if you don't want to lose the maintenance history of the aircraft.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, skiselkov said:

You don' t need to uninstall it. And the Output/TBM900 directory is what contains the aircraft's persistent state. Leave that if you don't want to lose the maintenance history of the aircraft.

Thank you very much @skiselkov . That makes it much easier. Thank you so much for your outstanding product and support !

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the amazing support even on a weekend [emoji4]

The installer will automatically run an Uninstaller of the old version. It will preserve any third party liveries in the process.
  • Like 1

I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into plane, but I personally feel it is a beta product and I am not the type of person who enjoys beta testing. Since yesterday I have spent hours trying to get this bird of the ground, with version 1, 1.01 and 1.02! The brakes are stuck, although I follow the proper procedure, then there is some sort of conflict with terramax which keeps reloading the autumn scenery a LFBT etc. 

I"ve asked for a refund via paypal. Once the product is stable I will buy it again. I own iXEG, CRJ-200 and Terramax, and this is the worst release I have ever experienced in any product.

Please fix it, then release it!

Regards

4 minutes ago, CDNCAVOK said:

I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into plane, but I personally feel it is a beta product and I am not the type of person who enjoys beta testing. Since yesterday I have spent hours trying to get this bird of the ground, with version 1, 1.01 and 1.02! The brakes are stuck, although I follow the proper procedure, then there is some sort of conflict with terramax which keeps reloading the autumn scenery a LFBT etc. 

I"ve asked for a refund via paypal. Once the product is stable I will buy it again. I own iXEG, CRJ-200 and Terramax, and this is the worst release I have ever experienced in any product.

Please fix it, then release it!

Regards

This is one of the smoothest releases of a complex addon that I have seen. There are still much bigger issues in the other products you have mentioned long after their release.

I get that you just spent a lot of money on something that has some issues (that's bound to happen to you at some point if you buy stuff day one), but maybe trying to explain your issues better and trying to get support from the devs might be a better idea than just yelling in the forums and trying to get refund through paypal.

• Like 1

I have never had issues with the CRJ and IXEG. The better way of doing business is offering the product at a pre-release price informing customers that the product is not quite ready and requires further beta testing to work out the kinks, not selling at full price as if it is ready to go!

If you want to waste your valuable time beta testing go ahead, but I am on a tight schedule so I cannot waste hours on end with my hobby, I only have a few set hours a week!

I have been helpful in confirming the same problem others have regarding the brakes not releasing and terramax continuously looping. So there is a serious issue when you cannot even experience the product on it's release date!  I also have a hangar full of other products from other publishers without serious issue's on their release bu rather subtle iprovements afterwards.

If I buy a hockey net with holes, yes I will bring it back for a refund!

Edited by CDNCAVOK

7 minutes ago, CDNCAVOK said:

uI have never had issues with the CRJ and IXEG.

Both of these products went through the same thing during release. It's to be expected. Numerous other big products the same.

Please note our refund policy: http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/shipping.php

Majority of our customers are running the product just fine, and showcasing it throughout various social media places. Naturally, many complaints are here because this is where we want them so we can see them. Those happy and not having problems, are not complaining. This is far from beta, believe me. I apologize you are caught on the other end of the stick though.

Per our terms, disputes or chargebacks will result in suspension of all product licenses.

We'll get there. Your patience is appreciated!

Per our terms, disputes or chargebacks will result in suspension of all product licenses.

Are you serious?

Then go ahead and suspend all of them since I will uninstall them all, and get rid of the GIZMO CRAP once and for all! , I will take my losses and support other stores. 

1 minute ago, CDNCAVOK said:

Are you serious?

Then go ahead and suspend all of them since I will uninstall them all, and get rid of the GIZMO CRAP once and for all! , I will take my losses and support other stores. 

Please re-consider irrational behavior. It's not worth it.

We're working hard, and we'll make sure your product gets working for the money you spent. You deserve it!

Hello Cameron,

My behaviour is not irrational, and I take offence to that statement.  like I stated, I have only a few hours a week to relax and enjoy flight simming! For this reason I have dedicated myself to one sim (X-Plane 11). There is nothing more frustrating to me than beta testing. I am not a beta tester, nor do I want to be. When I pay for something I at least expect it to work as I mentioned, and updates only are supposed to enhance, improve the products etc. 

Anyway, my paypal refund request stands. If you decide to suspend all my other products it will be the end of X-Aviation for me. It is your decision on how you want treat your clients!

11 minutes ago, CDNCAVOK said:

My behaviour is not irrational, and I take offence to that statement.  like I stated, I have only a few hours a week to relax and enjoy flight simming! For this reason I have dedicated myself to one sim (X-Plane 11). There is nothing more frustrating to me than beta testing. I am not a beta tester, nor do I want to be. When I pay for something I at least expect it to work as I mentioned, and updates only are supposed to enhance, improve the products etc. 

Actually, it is irrational. Your expectations are unrealistic as an early adopter on day one of software, and you don't care to look at the bigger picture of developer dedication to this product and its updates. You are lighting a fire for no reason here in my eyes.

If I were you? I would wait a week to re-download and update. At the rate we're going, maybe even just two days. In the meantime, use your limited time with aircraft that you know you get enjoyment out of. It's a CHOICE. Make a wise one, and stop getting irate over simple things that will be solved.

11 minutes ago, CDNCAVOK said:

Anyway, my paypal refund request stands. If you decide to suspend all my other products it will be the end of X-Aviation for me. It is your decision on how you want treat your clients!

My statement on this stands. You make the decision as the buyer. We have the terms. We won't act on our terms till you do, and that's all there is to that.

This shouldn't be an argument. Neither of us should even be debating right now, so this will be my last post on it. I'd rather get your issue solved than sit here and go back and forth over something this silly in the grand scheme. We're one day into release. THANK YOU for your patience. :)

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic