PFD's and MFD a little dull and a couple questions

CYUL900

Greetings Team Hotstart,

First of all let me just say that I really like this new plane.  Great work guys.

In the flightdeck the PFD and MFD dispalys are dull looking(colour vibrancy). Any way to increase the brightness?? When I click on them to have them pop-up the colours and text are much sharper and brighter....

A couple more questions while I'm at it.  No, I did not have time to read the TBM Pilot's manual yet so please forgive me....

My take-off run is very squirrely and I find it difficult to keep ac tracking straight down the rw center line.  Is this just rudder sensitivity?  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. 

Edit: just found out I should set rudder trim before TO, this will probably help...

Secondly, I assume there is no reverse(or beta?) power setting to slow this plane down when landed...???  It seems very difficult to slow down and manual breaking seems insufficient...

And lastly, while cruising on AP, a couple times the plane started a pretty impressive uncommanded dive that requires manual correction.(seems to me I noticed this behaviour on one of Totoriko's live streams)

Thanks in advance for any help regarding my issues.  Keep up the good work!

Edited by CYUL900

9 hours ago, CYUL900 said:

In the flightdeck the PFD and MFD dispalys are dull looking(colour vibrancy). Any way to increase the brightness??

We are looking at toning the glass reflections. They are the thing washing the displays out.

My take-off run is very squirrely and I find it difficult to keep ac tracking straight down the rw center line.  Is this just rudder sensitivity?  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. 

Please try to increase "Control response" on the yaw axis to try and give yourself more fine-grained control near the center position. See what feels best.

Secondly, I assume there is no reverse(or beta?) power setting to slow this plane down when landed...???  It seems very difficult to slow down and manual breaking seems insufficient... 

Please watch the "Operating the Throttle" tutorial, this is explained in the tutorial. The tutorials can be accessed via Plugins > TBM900 > Tutorials.

And lastly, while cruising on AP, a couple times the plane started a pretty impressive uncommanded dive that requires manual correction

Can you please describe a bit more about the circumstances when this happens? Mode AP modes were active, what controls have been actuated, etc. The aircraft should normally never descend on its own when it is in ALT-hold mode. The notable exception being Emergency Descent Mode when a cabin pressurization leak is detected. I assume you are not simulating cabin pressure loss. A screenshot in the moment would be perfect. This can be simply made via SHIFT+SPACE and the screenshots are saved under "Output" in the simulator. This should help shed light on the problems.