Jump to content

Questions before purchase


Recommended Posts

First of all: great plane!

I watched all the streams and the only two things holding me off from buying this bird instantly are the sound drops that you can clearly notice a soon as the engine is running. Every couple of seconds sound seemed to go completely quiet. I hope that is youst some sort of a streaming problem.

Second thing is  I noticed some crackling in the sounds. As I am kind of a "sound fetishist" this is very important for me. There are many planes around that have those annoyances in their looping sound samples (eg. X-Aviation MU-2). I think most  people don't even recognize those crackling sounds but I cannot stand it when using headphones. A good example for clean and crisp sounds is the Aerobask DA62.  It's just perfect.

Another thing I would like to know is about documentation. Is there a comprehensive documentation (Tutorial, POH) being shipped with the plane?

Thanks for your opinions! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The sounds are awesome. I think it was the streaming. There is a quick start guide. When you first load up the aircraft there is a really great walk through. Toto walks you through the panel and start up procedures, he does it once then he lets you do it while guiding you. Awesome feature. Outside of this the real checklist is perfect for this bird...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply!

I just bought the aircraft and you're right, the sounds are excellent!

My biggest gripe now is FPS performance. This is the worst performing aircraft I own. Hopefully they will increase performance one day. As it is now, it's not flyable for me and it has to stay in the hangar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have decent skills by now with the IXEG 733 and Zibo Mod 738, and was interested in a fast smaller aircraft. I only heard about the 900 yesterday. I imagine it's going to be a steep learning curve coming from the 737's.  Is there any simplified full flight tutorials to get started?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2018 at 6:33 PM, johnc said:

I have decent skills by now with the IXEG 733 and Zibo Mod 738, and was interested in a fast smaller aircraft. I only heard about the 900 yesterday. I imagine it's going to be a steep learning curve coming from the 737's.  Is there any simplified full flight tutorials to get started?

yeah same, flying an A320 or B737 is easier handflying wise and same regarding navigation .

 

here is a sort of FCOM/FCTM of the TBM 900 :http://www.tbm.aero/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/PIM__900_AN__E0R2.pdf

Garmin 1000 for TBM850/900  manual:  https://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/190-00709-04_0A_Web.pdf

Edited by cmbaviator
wrong g1000 link
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2018 at 8:03 AM, Schorle said:

my biggest gripe now is FPS performance. This is the worst performing aircraft I own. Hopefully they will increase performance one day. As it is now, it's not flyable for me and it has to stay in the hangar.

@Schorle  I would be interested to hear if the two updates have helped you with performance? Do you own the Saab 340a by any chance and by way of comparison?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 6:44 PM, toby23 said:

@Schorle  I would be interested to hear if the two updates have helped you with performance? Do you own the Saab 340a by any chance and by way of comparison?

 

Performance with 1.06 is quite good now. Big improvement (about 70% I guess) from the initial version. I own the Saab but have not done a comparison yet. Will do on the weekend and let you know the results.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...