[SOLVED] MFD showing no map

blackshe3p

Hi!

I cant figure out why there is no map displayed on the MFD and also there is the fault "XPDR fail".

Can't find anything in the docs and got no sim faults enabled. Happens with fresh airframe as well.

From watching some tutorials I would consider this a bug. Is it?

TBM900_1.png

Edited by skiselkov

This is happening on my system also.  I do not have a Saitek panel and reloading does not work.   It worked when I first purchased but does not work now.   Could it be navigation database related.   I updated to latest Navigraph Database for XP11 and thats when it started happening.  How to I revert back to default XP NAV database to test.  Removed custom data and also discovered that my GO Flight avionics switch is needed just like the Saitek.  Strange because none of my other Go Flight buttons work.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by Mike Cameron
Updated results

Hello devs,

I have the same issue too. Every time I start XP and load the aircraft, the MFD map is not showing up and the map display on the PFD is corrupted and unreadable.

Reloading the aircraft via the debug menu DOES WORK. However the next time I start XP the very same issue will happen again, so I have to manually reload the aircraft every time.

I don't have the Saitek panel nor have the plugin installed. I wonder if the issue can be fixed so I can save up the effort to reload the aircraft?

Thank you!

Fengyu

Edited by 2Fat2Fly
typo

In order to aid the developers ( and all who might be able to help ) its standard procedure to attach the log.txt  file   and gizmo.txt  file to posts asking for help solve  problems.

The log.txt file among others is in the main X-Plane folder. Copy it as a file then attach to your post

Don't copy the text and paste it in  your post or it'll make the post physically long.

Its worth opening the text file and reading it for oneself. Some of it is jargon , but a lot of it is easily understood and offers immediate problem solving solutions.

2 hours ago, fireone said:

In order to aid the developers ( and all who might be able to help ) its standard procedure to attach the log.txt  file   and gizmo.txt  file to posts asking for help solve  problems.

Oops I've forgotten that. Sorry.

Here's the Log.txt and the GizmoLog.txt.

The aircraft is the latest v1.0.5.

When I started X-Plane, loaded the aircraft, push the crash bar up and selected the batt source, the PFD and MFD looked like this:

20181024152409.thumb.png.9ff9b43d01601c701db7018e9cf49276.png

The missing map and menus on the MFD, and the miscolored gauges on the PFD is obvious in the picture. Also may you notice that the backup gauges on the PFD is not supposed to be there when the MFD is alive, and the "XPDR FAIL" message is in place instead of the normal transponder code and mode.

Then I reloaded the airplane via the developer menu, everything is back to normal:

20181024152524.thumb.png.a4b30482706714c2f80eed894b0e4813.png

And below are the flight log files which seems to be useful for the analysis:

log_181024_152234_LGKR.csv

log_181024_152448_LGKR.csv

If there is any other files that will help for the analysis, please let me know!

Edited by 2Fat2Fly

2Fat2Fly , I'm not an expert by any means . I've had a very quick look at your log.txt .

My observations which may or may not mean anything . You have a fair few plugins and the Terrain Radar Utility isn't always behaving , have a look at .txt the file to see what I mean about 1/ 3 and again 2/3 of the way down.

Not every error message ,or failure to load ,causes problems but if  you want to try before the devs find a solution for you I would disable all plugins unrelated to the TBM via the plugin menu as a starting point and see how it goes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fireone said:

I've had a very quick look at your log.txt .

Thank you! In fact I myself haven't taken a look at them yet! xD

I've removed literally EVERY plugin except for the necessary ones. Nothing had changed and here's the log files for the fresh run:

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

log_181024_220013_LGKR.csv

log_181024_220157_LGKR.csv

Edited by 2Fat2Fly

Just now, skiselkov said:

Can you please try without additional plugins loaded? I suspect some of them are messing with the electrical datarefs and are shutting part of the avionics off.

I've done a run with only gizmo in my plugin folder:

22 hours ago, 2Fat2Fly said:

I've removed literally EVERY plugin except for the necessary ones. Nothing had changed and here's the log files for the fresh run:

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

log_181024_220013_LGKR.csv

log_181024_220157_LGKR.csv

The issue persists and it seems that someone else suffers from being completely inaccessible to the MFD maps.

• 3 months later...

I have not yet deleted my entire output folder, but I have discovered another workaround, and it may be helpful diagnostically. Reloading the plane and art fixes the problem for me--which I'm beginning to think has something to do with load-order or synchronization with XP's underlying G1000 code as it loads or perhaps as it's invoked by the TBM. It's just my dumbass gut instinct. The reload even fixes a corrupted PFD/MFD once it's happened, but it also seems to prevent it if done BEFORE flipping on the batteries on the TBM. Still broken, but now at least fixable. I'll also try the output folder fix and report back.

Best,

Marshall 

Edited by HamSammich