Unable to set joysticks

Annick Nosny

September 26, 2018

I am a newbe on IXEG and  just installed IXEH 737 classic, version 1.21. I have the Saitek X55 joystick and throttle. I am on X-Plane 11 version 26 r2, 64 bits (the latest received recently) but I cannot find any IXEG custom or other command  in  the X-Plane joystick configuration panel. IXEG does not appear (although I can find Rotate MD 80 commands forinstance), and if I type in the X-Plane search window any of the ixeg command found in the IXEG interface guide, nothing happens, it is just ignored.

What should I do? Thanks for your help

A.      Nosny

Hi Annick,

hmm, assuming that the plane runs fine (so we can safely say that the install went ok), just type ixeg into the search window after you click the "edit" button on the joystick button you want to edit. That should bring up the menu of all available ixeg commands.

This is what it looks like on my screen:

217168013_ixegcommands.thumb.jpg.5fb316b091a05bb69e9912c5d6765ee4.jpg

Hope this helps, Jan

Ok Litjan, Looking closer to your image, I noted that the iXeg commands appeared while iXEG was open whereas I was attemptin toset the commands before lainching the plane.

Thanks to your example I succeded in getiing the ixeg commands. BUT one is missing i.e TOGA which is important. I copied the command from the manual and inserted it in the research x-plane windows but it did not appeared in the list. Do you have that problem ?

THank you,

A. Nosny 

Hi Litjan,

First, thank you for your help. Indeed, it seems that the regular TOGA X-Plane command works. This is somehow confusing, since there is a specific Toga command indicated on page 15 of the IXEG Interface guide, which, as I said, I coud not introduce in x-plane.

On the surface it seems to me that IXEG is for part in and out of X-Plane 11 and has its own life of itself.

This is not clearly indicated anywhere and it is true that most of the documentation back dates to 2016 while updates have been brought in the meantime;

i just need to get used to the plane.

Again thank you for your help. At least I can start going on.

Possibly, if I get stuck somewhere, I may revert to ,you again...

A. Nosny

Yes, I remember that we had our "own" TOGA (and some other) commands - but then we consolidated back to X-Plane default commands where possible. People were confused that the "regular" commands didn´t work on the IXEG. So you are right, it is a bit of a mix.

I will be here to help if you get stuck again!

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hello Eduardo,

the throttle should normally work - unless it is being operated by the autothrottle mode. In that case only the autothrottle can move them. When you disengage the autothrottle, you need to re-align your joystick throttle with the 3D throttles in the cockpit (synchronize them) - for this we provide a "ghost throttle" that shows your hardware position until you "grab" control of the 3D throttles in the cockpit again.

Let me know if that helped?

Jan

Hello Eduardo,

could it be possible that you assigned an axis to throttle by accident (or automatically) on your joystick or other hardware? In that case this would always "override" your other attempts to move the throttle.

Some hardware has additional little devices that count as "axes". Also be aware that X-Plane nowadays has different "profiles" for the hardware that can change from aircraft to aircraft - so one plane may work fine and another may not because the profile changes.

Cheers, Jan