TerraMaxx - Install Not Working - Need Help

fltsimguy

I bought this yesterday. I loaded up a flight, I set to fall textures, the load time was very very long as has been reported...mine about 10 minutes. I did a short flight. I liked the results without getting too picky.

I then loaded in a new flight out of Orbx Manchester...the sim textures loading thing came on..and it took forever to do nothing it just stalled....after some 20 minutes or more I just shut down the sim.

And rebooted.

And then tried to load in Manchester from a cold reboot...the sim loaded normally but the texture were back to summer. So I clicked the change to fall...and the sim just sat there spinning and spinning doing nothing...my PC locked up. I rebooted my machine.

I'm frightened to even try this addon again...it seems dysfunctional not at all like I anticipated.

I tried again this morning (a day after struggling with it), tried to load in winter in Manchester area, after 20 minutes I shut it down.

Now, I uninstalled and reinstalled using the less than 5 gig video card option and am now again trying to get this to work.

I fired up XP11...it took a hugely long time to load, something over 15 minutes, which is unusual.

Then after a short flight, I loaded mild winter...that was over 30 minutes ago...it would load, it appears fully stalled, then suddenly its done.

So, why on earth does it take so bloody long to load, so long as to be dysfunctional?

Am I doing something wrong or is there some way to "fix" this?

My system specs are:

I7-6700K  4.2GHZ overclocked
GTX 970 4GB 7GHZ GDDR5
RAM 16G DDR4 2133MHZ
ASUS Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Z170 Skylake DDR4 3PCI-E16 3PCI-E1 1PCI CrossFireX/SLI USB3.1 Motherboard

I7-6700K  4.2GHZ overclocked, GTX 970 4GB 7GHZ GDDR5, RAM 16G DDR4 2133MHZ, Win7 Professional, FSX, P3DV4+, XP-11

New seasonal textures do take some time to load, but 15-30 minutes is unusually excessive. Providing your log.txt file might provide us with some insight. Your PC's specs look as though they should be able to handle this package just fine, unless your hard drive is underpowered or excessively fragmented. It's also possible WIndows 7 is a factor as we've only tested on Windows 10.

5 hours ago, sundog said:

New seasonal textures do take some time to load, but 15-30 minutes is unusually excessive. Providing your log.txt file might provide us with some insight. Your PC's specs look as though they should be able to handle this package just fine, unless your hard drive is underpowered or excessively fragmented. It's also possible WIndows 7 is a factor as we've only tested on Windows 10.

I would not think Win7 would be the issue, but then again I'm not an expert on the inticacies of operating systems.

It is excessive, so much so that its useless for me. I could handle 5 minutes.

I actually did a scan of my log.txt and see a plug in "rendering option V2" was a problem. So I'm removing it, I'm doing the most recent XP11 update and will see how that works.

I will provide a log text once I give the update a try. I can see the rendering options plug it was not working and not loading and this could have easily been the issue.

Bryan