Fox Islands Discussion

Attitude

Thank you for supporting our development team!

Have anything you would like to see different with Fox Islands let me know here. We are dedicated to making each product enjoyable and If there is something a customer would like to see then I would love to know!

Future plans for The Fox Island package:

Animated 3d people

Animated Horses and other creatures

Lake traffic - moving boats and kayaks, fishing vessels and more!

Seasonal textures - Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter

Re-working of some ground textures

Again thank you for supporting us and we hope you enjoy what is to come!

I would like to see Fox islands! I have purchased it 5 days ago but they haven't sent me the download link, and it doesn't appear on the website either. I just have an invoice but no link to the download.

Emailed twice but no response. Any help would be great. Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/4/2018 at 12:48 PM, Attitude said:

Thank you for supporting our development team!

Have anything you would like to see different with Fox Islands let me know here. We are dedicated to making each product enjoyable and If there is something a customer would like to see then I would love to know!

Future plans for The Fox Island package:

Animated 3d people

Animated Horses and other creatures

Lake traffic - moving boats and kayaks, fishing vessels and more!

Seasonal textures - Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter

Re-working of some ground textures

Again thank you for supporting us and we hope you enjoy what is to come!

I held off on buying this for a while, but I just did and I love this scenery package! I found just a few small things that I think need addressing 

1) When using forkboy's ortho package, I see a line surrounding the area several miles away from the islands. I assume this is a mesh conflict. Maybe we can get a patch for users of the forkboy scenery? Here are a few shots illustrating the issue. The line is visible as a highly aliased blue line near the horizon (this is with 4XSSAA+FXAA if it matters)

tBEHcCV.png

JlncI7V.png

rxbLD46.png

vFaKufC.png

AXu3pPY.png

2) There is a small seam just north of the runway on South Fox

Kyv2pOq.png

Up close:

usBE8wo.png

3) The chains on the campfire in North Fox appear to glow at night. 

FP8DnIZ.png

On a similar note, how awesome would it be to see an animated/light emanating fire at night here? :) 

None of these substantially distract from the general awesomeness of this scenery, I just felt I should point them out to be fixed in the future. 

Good luck on ARB and DTW!!!

On 11/6/2018 at 9:29 PM, hamoody said:

I held off on buying this for a while, but I just did and I love this scenery package! I found just a few small things that I think need addressing 

1) When using forkboy's ortho package, I see a line surrounding the area several miles away from the islands. I assume this is a mesh conflict. Maybe we can get a patch for users of the forkboy scenery? Here are a few shots illustrating the issue. The line is visible as a highly aliased blue line near the horizon (this is with 4XSSAA+FXAA if it matters)

tBEHcCV.png

JlncI7V.png

rxbLD46.png

vFaKufC.png

AXu3pPY.png

2) There is a small seam just north of the runway on South Fox

Kyv2pOq.png

Up close:

usBE8wo.png

3) The chains on the campfire in North Fox appear to glow at night. 

FP8DnIZ.png

On a similar note, how awesome would it be to see an animated/light emanating fire at night here? :) 

None of these substantially distract from the general awesomeness of this scenery, I just felt I should point them out to be fixed in the future. 

Good luck on ARB and DTW!!!

Hey thanks for your support! 

SO as far as the gaps in the mesh and the ortho seams, that is an x plane issue. No matter what we tried there was nothing we could do to fix the mesh errors. I spent weeks on this with very little success. Even getting help from different mesh editing teams. The best "fix" I have noticed is when using real weather you tend to get some waves. They usually hide the seams 75% of the time. If we had real support from LR with mesh I think we could fix this issue but until LR decides to take this seriously we are stuck here.  I can try some creative techniques with the othos to hide the seams on the island, I will try those soon. 

I see you found the glowing embers in the fire pit! I do not have the glowing chain issue on my 2 systems but I will check to see If there is a quick fix for it and I will get back to you about it! I am not sure If the new particle system works with scenery but If it does we can add some people around the fire and I will make sure to including a nice warm fire in the pit with something roasting on the grill. :) 

Thanks again!

Steve

Edited by Attitude

• 1 year later...