Mitsubishi MU-2 Version 1.9 Update Released!

No progress to report since last report.  I'm full time back on X-Plane work and the IXEG update is the current priority.  After that though, I will manage multiple projects and the MU2 will receive high priority also.

-tkyler

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

old school vs. new school.  

a little more modern, worthy of XP11 features

Hey John,  sounds like the new prop lock feature got you.   Its more realistic and you have the take the props off the locks before taxiing or you'll go nowhere fast  I was wrong about the "linea

Posted Images

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi
I'm new to this forum.
Just purchased the MU-2B.
It's not flyable.
Throttles only go half way. Stays in beta.
Reverse light on all the time.
Even when using the joystick as throttle it won't exceed 50 knots.
I've had 3 different versions of the MU-2B. Only this one won't fly.
Sorry is I'm in the wrong thread.
Need some pointers.
Thanks
I'm running X-Plane 11.51 / Win 10

Edited by chuckpoole4

Our version models the "start locks" feature of these Garrett engines, which is the default setting when you load the MU2.  When the start-locks are on, the aircraft will not provide any thrust when advancing the throttles....you will observe about 105% on the RPM gauges but no significant torque on the torque gauges with start locks engaged (the 106% RPM limit is the fuel governor keeping the engine from overspeeding with the prop pitch being 'flat', (i.e providing very resistance)  

The nominal procedure is to first move the power levers fully to the reverse position, which causes the props to "unlock"...this will then allow the prop governor to "pitch" the props as expectd and provide thrust with throttle advancement.  After you first pull the throttle levers all the way into reverse to unlock the props...then advance them and you should be able to see increasing torque on the torque gauges as you advance the throttle levers.  

All that being said...if you're having another type of hardware issues that's not driving the throttle properly....then of course we'll address that if that's the case.

Thx.

-tkyler

Version 2.0 update thread FYI

Edited by tkyler

OH...another possibility because it just happend to me.  I forgot to de-active the parking brake.  Indeed that keeps you from attaining takeoff speeds, even at full throttle. FWIW

18 hours ago, tkyler said:

OH...another possibility because it just happend to me.  I forgot to de-active the parking brake.  Indeed that keeps you from attaining takeoff speeds, even at full throttle. FWIW

I seem to recall that there's an issue with the default "toggle brakes max effort" command

• 3 months later...
On 2/12/2021 at 8:49 PM, tkyler said:

Our version models the "start locks" feature of these Garrett engines, which is the default setting when you load the MU2.  When the start-locks are on, the aircraft will not provide any thrust when advancing the throttles....you will observe about 105% on the RPM gauges but no significant torque on the torque gauges with start locks engaged (the 106% RPM limit is the fuel governor keeping the engine from overspeeding with the prop pitch being 'flat', (i.e providing very resistance)  

The nominal procedure is to first move the power levers fully to the reverse position, which causes the props to "unlock"...this will then allow the prop governor to "pitch" the props as expectd and provide thrust with throttle advancement.  After you first pull the throttle levers all the way into reverse to unlock the props...then advance them and you should be able to see increasing torque on the torque gauges as you advance the throttle levers.  

All that being said...if you're having another type of hardware issues that's not driving the throttle properly....then of course we'll address that if that's the case.

Thx.

-tkyler

Version 2.0 update thread FYI

I will try this.

On 11/29/2020 at 4:15 PM, rhalunen said:

One more vote for a GTN 750 option

Hey Tyler;

I know you're up to your empennage in updates and I'll upgrade regardless of your answer...

Roger 

xsMU2B60 - 2021-03-23 19.43.55.jpg