Mitsubishi MU-2 Version 1.9 Update Released!

I feel a great need to buy this plane. :-)
But I'm afraid that I will buy in the current version 1.9, and soon there will be v2.0 and I will have to spend money again.
Is it worth to buy MU2 now, is it better to be patient and wait for v2.0 ???

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

old school vs. new school.  

a little more modern, worthy of XP11 features

Hey John,  sounds like the new prop lock feature got you.   Its more realistic and you have the take the props off the locks before taxiing or you'll go nowhere fast  I was wrong about the "linea

Posted Images

If you're worried that there's some immediate update around the corner, there is not. It's being worked on but it's not anywhere close to ready.

Anyone who purchases now will also get a big discount for v2. Buy it and enjoy it. :)

On 5/23/2019 at 12:20 AM, Cameron said:

Anyone who purchases now will also get a big discount for v2. Buy it and enjoy i

Hi,

I followed your recombination and I have to say that I'm very impressed with this plane. I enjoyed a lot and now its one of my favorites.

I want to write a small review here just to try to add my two cents (requests) for this or next version:

1. Sounds: not bad but I think too "loopy". There is a set in the forum Mitsubishi_MU2_real_sounds.zip but seems not to work in 1.9 version. In my opinion bit better sound will make this plane just incredible.

2. Exterior design: Exterior design and textures could be also a bit better. Since I flight in 3D cockpit all the time exterior is minor thing to me, And this one has an amazing 3d cockpit. 

3. Reverse: getting use to this realistic mode. Perhaps, can you add a third way? similar to realistic mode but giving all the lever path to throttle and then when toggle thrust reverse command pressed/used give all lever path to reverse. It can be toggled one way or the other but always full lever path.

4. Parking brake: This brake stick doesn't respond to the regular x-plane command (at least not to me) so I have to manually use the mouse instead my standard assigned button that works with all the planes: Toggle brakes max effort. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

5. Trims: Trims are bit picky in this plane, no way to totally stabilize, I have to be constantly trimming, more than normal. Not sure if this is because real one is this way. Also, the plane always start with aliron trim in -0.8% according to reading dataref.

6. Rain: is it possible to have better rain effects? librain integration maybe?

All the points in the review above are just small changes that in my opinion will make this plane even better, but now is great!

Thank you for such a good plane!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, tkyler said:

seems the cabin doors always take the longest....making it work inside and out and also animate without colliding with other geometry is always a pain....

+1 I develop doors and trunk linds for cars, and it's sometimes a PITA to find a working hinge axis that doesn't result in collisions with other parts. Often we need to beg the designers to change the seams a little bit in order to get it all working. ^_^

• Like 1

unknown just yet Tim....the first conversation happend after a tweak to the turboprop model in general, but Laminar has since introduced a completely new "Fixed Turbine Garrett" engine model and I plan to base the 2.0 simulation on this new code for the update....but have yet to explore it fully during this 3D work phase.  It is my thought that work on the engine simulation for the 2.0 release could probably be back-ported to 1.9 with relatively little effort....but I'm thinking most folks would be crazy not to update to the new model when it comes out, it'll be that much better.  That being said, it may still happen. I might find its less work on my end to use Laminar's model now.  We'll see.

-tkyler

@tkyler  OK, here's hoping for  the engine update as a bridge to v2.  I understand you're being pulled in two directions (development wise...) between IXEG and MUv2. 

Also, I do think you are correct.  Most v1.xx owners of the MU will most likely become v2.xx owners when it's released.

Thanks for taking the time to post, it's appreciated.

Tim

• 5 months later...
On 8/7/2019 at 5:52 PM, tkyler said:

unknown just yet Tim....the first conversation happend after a tweak to the turboprop model in general, but Laminar has since introduced a completely new "Fixed Turbine Garrett" engine model and I plan to base the 2.0 simulation on this new code for the update....but have yet to explore it fully during this 3D work phase.  It is my thought that work on the engine simulation for the 2.0 release could probably be back-ported to 1.9 with relatively little effort....but I'm thinking most folks would be crazy not to update to the new model when it comes out, it'll be that much better.  That being said, it may still happen. I might find its less work on my end to use Laminar's model now.  We'll see.

-tkyler

Hello, Any new info when v2.0 is released?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 8:41 AM, tkyler said:

its waiting in the wings while I work on the IXEG 733, getting it up to speed with the new tools.   After the IXEG update comes out, I'll resume the MU2 work.

-tkyler

be nice if you could at lest fix the gaps between the tip tanks and the wings on the 1.9 id like to fly it again but that drives me up the wall. since its clearly going to be another year yet for the 2.0

Edited by Elios
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From what I understand. Vulkan doesn't support some dedicated openGL calls, and the textures and sounds for certain other AC have been glitchy , or not functional. I was only curious on if your AC had been tested internally with Vulkan and Metal?  I will be testing again when I get a chance to settle.

Thanks for this AC, it truly is my favorite!

Edited by Pagantek
Clarify
  • 2 weeks later...