Anyone still regularly experiencing E46 Texas teleportation bug ?

philipp

I have found the code path in X-Plane that gets triggered when you end up on the E46 "02 Ranch" airport in Texas. Now that we know what is happening, we need to find out why it is happening.

In order to do that, I need some help from people who regularly experience this teleportation problem. I need them to run a special version of X-Plane that has finer grained checks and puts out better more diagnostics in the log. Which also means, it is going to run at much lower fps. So it is not practical to run X-Plane like that all the time, if you are not regularly getting teleported.

Some people seem to have gotten that teleportation problem very often, and devised ways to get it less often? Someone even posted he always gets the teleportation at the same place? That would be really helpful!! Anyway, I need people who get the teleportation often, or know what they need to do on their system to increase the likelyhood of the teleportation occurring for them.

If you have the teleportation issue, please send me a PM, stating which operating system you are on, and whether you have the Steam- or on-Steam version of X-Plane. 

Philipp

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 1

Hello Phillipp,

here is the link to the original thread with the problem.

fabiosko seemed to be able to trigger this one fairly reliably, but I am not sure how much he still experiences this.

I will also PM you with some info on this.

Thanks for helping us out, Jan

On 5/20/2018 at 11:15 PM, philipp said:

I have found the code path in X-Plane that gets triggered when you end up on the E46 "02 Ranch" airport in Texas. Now that we know what is happening, we need to find out why it is happening.

In order to do that, I need some help from people who regularly experience this teleportation problem. I need them to run a special version of X-Plane that has finer grained checks and puts out better more diagnostics in the log. Which also means, it is going to run at much lower fps. So it is not practical to run X-Plane like that all the time, if you are not regularly getting teleported.

Some people seem to have gotten that teleportation problem very often, and devised ways to get it less often? Someone even posted he always gets the teleportation at the same place? That would be really helpful!! Anyway, I need people who get the teleportation often, or know what they need to do on their system to increase the likelyhood of the teleportation occurring for them.

If you have the teleportation issue, please send me a PM, stating which operating system you are on, and whether you have the Steam- or on-Steam version of X-Plane. 

Philipp

Not sure if this is usefull information for you.

But if you change the dataref temperature_sealevel_c to -290 you will get teleported to E46 with the IXEG and FF A320.

With default cessna X-Plane will just crash.

Dont ask me why I was trying to change the temperatur to -290 ;)

• Like 1

The temperature cannot be -290, because physics doesn't allow that. The lowest temperature anything could ever have is -273.15. So setting the local temp to -290 (how would you even do that, other than screwing with DRE?) is physically meaningless. 

10 hours ago, philipp said:

The temperature cannot be -290, because physics doesn't allow that. The lowest temperature anything could ever have is -273.15. So setting the local temp to -290 (how would you even do that, other than screwing with DRE?) is physically meaningless. 

I think (knowing Tom) that he is aware that -290 is below 0K.

However, an application should not crash or show other weird behaviour, even if a user is putting in data (even using DRE, which IS a tool supported by Laminar) that makes no sense.

Furthermore, I think that Tom´s discovery could help solve the "teleport to E46 bug" - so pointing out that -290 is not physically possible is beside the point.

Its like making an addon plane that crashes to desktop if people bank it more than 30 degrees, and then saying "well, airliners shouldn´t bank more than 30 degrees, so don´t do it!" :lol:

Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Like 3

Its not about if the temperatur is impossible or not. Its about the situation that you get teleported to E46.  And I found one situation. 

I have no idea how this bug/teleport is experienced by other users, I dont have this problem. But I posted this because I thougt it maybe could be usefull/related.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

From what I can tell, X-Plane has a debug-only check there to discard the weather if "unplausible" temperatures like that are detected. This is set to not trigger for release versions of X-Plane, for reasons not known to me. I think the best I can do here is to have this always trigger.

This however does not explain how the IXEG or A330 end up at E46, unless the aircraft contains code to set the ambient temperature, which I don't see why it would. The only explanation I can think of is that this happens to people who have a third-party weather plugin installed which sets this kind of garbage data.