Unable to activate

Schorle

One thing to note, in particular, is that we have never been able to offer support for our add ons in a beta build of X-Plane.  We WILL look into it, but things might change in the next build that will fix this very issue.  The best suggestion I can offer to you for right now is to revert to the last stable, non beta build of X-Plane.

Edited by Goran_M

Just tested b5 on my Windows machine. No issues. Time to try and figure out the pattern...

I suggest running in a bare demo copy (of the beta) with no additional plugins except Gizmo64.

You could also try opening:

XP Menu > Plugins > Plugin Admin > Enable/Disable

See if it looks correct; e.g.

b5_works_ok.PNG

Note how all the text boxes, buttons and checkmarks are drawn and available to use.

3 hours ago, Schorle said:

Nope. Still the same issue when using R2. 

I got a message on Facebook about this, from someone who has found a temporary workaround.  He said to click in the fields where your username and password go, even though there is no space for the text to go, and you should get a cursor.  Just type in your information, and it should activate.  This looks like a rare case of some graphical glitch, but he said it worked.

Edited by Goran_M

5 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I got a message on Facebook about this, from someone who has found a temporary workaround.  He said to click in the fields where your username and password go, even though there is no space for the text to go, and you should get a cursor.  Just type in your information, and it should activate.  This looks like a rare case of some graphical glitch, but he said it worked.

Sadly this does not work for me.

Please take a look at the requested log-files:

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

6 minutes ago, Schorle said:

Sadly this does not work for me.

Please take a look at the requested log-files:

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Please update your video driver. Log indicates 388.71 but GeForce installer is at ~397.31.

Run any future tests in a blank demo install of X-Plane. You have many plugins installed, any of which could complicate the problem.

This issue is 100% resolved for me in r2. I will be watching to see if this issue still affects multiple other users.

42 minutes ago, Schorle said:

Updatet video drivers to newest version, installed Saab into clean XP 11.20R2. Still the same issue. See log-files.

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

I have attached the proof-of-concept plugin that I sent to Laminar to help them debug this for r2.

When you click the "toggle PoC" button the text turns red and the "btn A" widget should disappear.

(This no longer happens in the screenshots because the bug is fixed for me.)

Please download the attached zip and install the contents into "X-Plane / resources / plugins"

Run X-Plane and report the results.

Thanks for your patience...

widgets_work.PNG

widgets_fail.PNG

11_20_broken_widgets.zip

19 minutes ago, Schorle said:

Hallo Ben,

when putting your plugin into the plugins folder nothing happens. Plugin does not load/start. See attached screenshot. Only Gizmo plugin is active.

LES_Saab_340A_3.png

Thanks...

Try this one, it should work on non-dev computers.

If it doesn't load please install this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=48145

11_20_broken_widgets_release.zip

17 minutes ago, Schorle said:

Plugin working now. I get following screen:

LES_Saab_340A_4.png

Glad to see the test plugin loads. Strange results.

Can you please try loading it _without_ Gizmo installed. I want to narrow down the possible causes of the bug.

The fact that none of the buttons display properly on the test plugin is strange.

The normal X-Plane "Plugin Admin" GUI appears to work correctly in your other screenshots and it should be using the same code as the test plugin as the test plugin was created from scratch and has no Gizmo-related code in it at all.

Please reload:

- without Gizmo

- with the test plugin

and then screenshot with the test plugin GUI and the Plugin Admin GUI visibile.

If the test plugin looks normal without Gizmo installed then it's likely something my code is doing.

If the test plugin continues to look broken then it's probably something Laminar have done.

Thanks for your assistance...