New owner with some snags

flipflop101

Hello nice to meet you, i have just got this wonderful airplane and find the following

no sound via headphones have to restart sometimes works....... all my other planes are ok

cant turn the wipers on? tried clicking off zoom and the other one no luck

AP is   inop no response even if i hold it in

heading select light is all ways on from start up.

many thanks for you help.

The sound is a new one.  Haven't seen anyone with that issue before. 

The wipers are a click, hold and drag manipulator.  Are you doing this, or just clicking in the different positions.  We actually just tested this yesterday, and it's working.
Are you sure you're trying to engage autopilot.  You're using the switch on the centre pedestal, yes?  You need to hold it for at least 2 full seconds.  You also need to have an autopilot mode armed.  Preferably altitude and heading.  If altitude is armed, make sure you have an altitude dialled in the alt select window.

We'll check the hdg select.  

3 hours ago, Goran_M said:

The sound is a new one.  Haven't seen anyone with that issue before. 

The wipers are a click, hold and drag manipulator.  Are you doing this, or just clicking in the different positions.  We actually just tested this yesterday, and it's working.
Are you sure you're trying to engage autopilot.  You're using the switch on the centre pedestal, yes?  You need to hold it for at least 2 full seconds.  You also need to have an autopilot mode armed.  Preferably altitude and heading.  If altitude is armed, make sure you have an altitude dialled in the alt select window.

We'll check the hdg select.  

will try many thanks Goran

When you first start the engines of the Saab, heading and VS are armed.  This is a Saab thing.  Those 2 modes are always armed, until the pilot arms a different mode.  
If everything works, but you still can't engage the autopilot, then you are definitely doing something wrong.  Either that, or you're engaging something other than the autopilot.  
So before we continue to troubleshoot this, let's confirm the autopilot.  Are you click and holding, for at least 2 seconds, the switch in the image below...
Screenshot_446.png

Thanks Goran it was me i was only clicking and holding the red button on the yoke? many thanks i am a silly billy

where is the heading bug ajustment knob

where do you input the VS amount for climbing

no sound on xplane replay?

i am getting there   this will also help others that.s what a good forum is all about...

IT IS THE BEST AIRCRAFT EVER ITS A WOW....

many thanks as always

Thanks Goran it was me i was only clicking and holding the red button on the yoke? many thanks i am a silly billy

where is the heading bug ajustment knob

where do you input the VS amount for climbing

no sound on xplane replay?

i am getting there   this will also help others that.s what a good forum is all about...

IT IS THE BEST AIRCRAFT EVER ITS A WOW....

many thanks as always

There is quite a bit of documentation we included with this aircraft that will also answer these questions!