Questions from a VR newbie

N55E008

Hello,

I'm quite unfamiliar with the VR technology, but I'm curious and about to give it a try.

As I have no clue nor any previous VR experience, I would be happy if you could help me out with some advise.

My system:

X-Plane 10

i7 4770k@4.4GHz

geforce 980ti with 6GB VRAM

16GB RAM

Windows 7  64bit

Will that setup have the Potential to satisfactorily run the IXEG 737 in a complex VR environment?

Is "Flyinside" required?

How do you interact with the knobs and switches? Is there an option to just use the mouse coursor, or is additional equipment required?

Is any other additional equipment required ( such as manipulators ( Oculus Touch ), USB3 hubs, etc. )?

Which headset is recommended? Oculus Rift or Vive?

I've read on Amazon that the Oculus Rift Software is not really taking care of data privacy. Is that software required to run the Headset on X-Plane 10, or is "Flyinside" the only software that is required?

Would you say it's well worth the investment ( it's quite a hefty pricetag ), especially when flying the IXEG 737 in X-Plane 10, or is VR in X-Plane still on a somewhat Beta Level?

Thanks in advance for your help,

with best regards,

Toto

Edited by N55E008

• 2 months later...