Saab 340 v1.5 - Nav and radio's don't show correctly

0321sjoerd

Hello guys!

First of all, thanks for releasing the XP11 compatibillity upgrade! With the X-Plane 11 version I run into a problem however...

My navigation and radio's don't display correctly. I've included some screenshots and the log file.

- I've tried changing some display settings in the graphic section of XP11, but no luck resolving this issue. (I've moved all the sliders to all available positions, but that didn't help...)
- A full reinstall also didn't solve the problem... 
- I have no CTD's and the airplane itself is flyable, it's just not displayed in the way it is supposed to be...

The strange thing is that I've had this airplane for quite some time and never had any problems using it. I've also flown the previous version in XP11, although it wasn't officially compatible, without any problems. I think there must be something wrong with the installation, but I can't figure it out.

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Sjoerd

LES_Saab_340A_29.jpg

LES_Saab_340A_30.jpg

LES_Saab_340A_31.jpg

Log.txt

Also on my plane the radios and the transponder on the pedestal of the passenger version is not displayed correctly. Within the cargo version the instruments are right. Repeated installation does not solve the problem.

Nvidia 1080 / X-Plane 11.10

Airbusso

Edited by Airbusso

I have the same issue with the graphics on the gps and radios.  Works fine on the cargo version but the passenger variant is not working properly.  Tried uninstalling and reinstall and it worked ok for the first couple of times I loaded the aircraft up so I thought it had fixed itself but when I loaded it a third time and every time after that it was messed up, same issue as reported above.  

I have an Nvidia 1080 and running the steam version beta which is 11.20. 

Edited by jerra

My COM 1 radio on the pedestal and dash are both dark regardless of switch setting and the GPS goes dark after it completes the boot up sequence and I press enter. Issue occurs in all the variants of the aircraft. All other navigation and communication systems are working fine. 

Stephen 

Same problem here. In PAX version radios and gps is not showing correct, cargo version is ok. 

Another thing is, that I can't control prop levers with my throttle and the nosewheel steering does not work. Rudder works fine. Long story short: Can't get this bird off the ground without prop lever and without nosewheel steering. 

Please advice. 

Ok, that means I can move both power levers with one stick axis (default throttle one) but for the props I need two different axis although they are mostly used together.

Let me say that this is weird. But I got it. 

However: what is about the nosewheel steering and the textures on radios and gps?

[EDIT] Nosewheel steering solved. Damn, that knob is a bid fiddly to handle but finally i managed it.

Edited by hardy@no-parachute.one

45 minutes ago, hardy@no-parachute.one said:

Ok, that means I can move both power levers with one stick axis (default throttle one) but for the props I need two different axis although they are mostly used together.

Let me say that this is weird. But I got it. 

It's not weird, its just that the condition lever logic is much more complex than the throttles.   With the next update you will be able to assign both condition levers to one axis.

45 minutes ago, hardy@no-parachute.one said:

However: what is about the nosewheel steering and the textures on radios and gps?

The nose wheel steering has been fixed and will be in the next update.  

We are still looking into the issue with the textures.  There are other aircraft that have this problem as well, so it may be an X-Plane bug.  What version of X-Plane are you running?

Edited by JGregory

11.11r2

First time ever I experienced such a strange behaviour with textures. And as I said - it's only with the PAX version, CARGO version is fine. So I'll take the cargo version as long as this issue exists.

I appreciate the update for the condition levers - thanks for that one.

20 minutes ago, hardy@no-parachute.one said:

First time ever I experienced such a strange behaviour with textures. And as I said - it's only with the PAX version, CARGO version is fine. So I'll take the cargo version as long as this issue exists.

Turn ON texture compression in your X-Plane rendering settings and restart X-Plane.

Leaving texture compression off is a waste of resources, for what it's worth.

On 20.3.2018 at 2:02 AM, Cameron said:

Turn ON texture compression in your X-Plane rendering settings and restart X-Plane.

If you mean that the Texture Quality in Graphis settings is set to Maximum but not to Maximum (without compression) this is exactly my setting. Nevertheless it should work even with Texture Quality set to Maximum (without compression), shouldn't it?

On 20-3-2018 at 2:02 AM, Cameron said:

Sorry for the late reply, but I had a busy week at work. Did some testing this morning with the following results:

- With texture compression ON I have no problems with the display and the problem in my opening post is solved.

- With texture compression OFF I have the problem mentioned in the opening post in the passenger version, but not in the cargo version.

So thanks for the help, but it still puzzled me why it gives problems in one version and not in the other... :huh:

Therefore I did some deeper searching and I've noticed that in the passenger version there is a difference in the folders when compared to the Airborne and Cargo variants... In the Objects folder of the Passenger version there is a subfolder called 'Garmin and Radios'. That folder doesn't exist in the other variants. Also, in the passenger version there is a file called 'G530 2' that doesn't exist in the other versions. Could this have anything to do with the problem?

Edited by 0321sjoerd
added extra information