Not working in 9.30b9

Don't try it, it will mess up your x-plane and you will have to delete your x-plane.prf file to get x-plane working again. After I tried opening the MU-2 in b9 my frame rates dropped horribly and if I tried to select another aircraft, the whole sim crashed.

Don't try it, it will mess up your x-plane and you will have to delete your x-plane.prf file to get x-plane working again. After I tried opening the MU-2 in b9 my frame rates dropped horribly and if I tried to select another aircraft, the whole sim crashed.

Jason,

That's a fairly bold statement to make by saying other people should not try the MU-2 patch.

Keep in mind everyone's system is different, and it requires helpful information from others getting a patch to work correctly. Hundreds of people have the patch already, and you're the only one reporting the problem you specify above.

X-Plane has some weird anomalies at times. I wish we knew the answers for everything (such as why dumping preferences fixes things sometimes), but we don't! :)

Thanks for your report...it's much appreciated.

We encourage all users to continue testing with the patch as advertised.

Hello Cameron,

I have issues with MU-2 on 9.30b9 too.

The MU-2 (patched to 1.1 beta730) always raises an application crash on X-Plane every time I try no quit the program or change to another aircraft. The MU-2 1.1 non patched crashes X-Plane 9.30b9 as well. No such issues with X-Plane's stock aircrafts.

I reverted to non beta X-plane 9.22RC1 and, fortunately, it doesn't crash the program.

-Emerson

Emerson,

Thanks for the test! It sounds like this is a problem with something Laminar has going, and we need to address this with them. Does it give you the crash error when you quit X-Plane?

It crashes when you go to select another plane, then gives a report and also when quiting the program it gives you a report.

The MU-2 (patched to 1.1 beta730) always raises an application crash on X-Plane every time I try no quit the program or change to another aircraft. The MU-2 1.1 non patched crashes X-Plane 9.30b9 as well. No such issues with X-Plane's stock aircrafts.

Same behaviour here with the patched version. Also happened with previous beta's.

Regards,

Quino

Hello, all!

It's much appreciated that everyone is investigating this issue. The first thing to note is that this is NOT an MU-2 product problem, but a Laminar Research one. This can be attributed to the fact that the MU-2 worked fine in all prior versions in terms of a plug-in load.

It would help greatly if you could each post the error you are getting, as well as send them off to Laminar to report the bug.

Thanks! :)

Here's a screenshot of the crash error:

xp9crash_mu2.jpg

The error is in X-plane's dynamic-link library XPLM.DLL. Always the same error.

More details of the problem: when I try to quit the program or select another aircraft the program freezes, then I hit the Esc key (one or more times) or mouse-click on X-plane screen, the program crashes to desktop, then Windows gives the above error report.

-Emerson

Guest BobWhitt

I'm not sure if Laminar would be concerned with how a 3rd party plane acts in a beta. The problem may be fixed in beta 10 and reoccur in beta 11. I can't speak for their behalf, but don't you think their reply would be "If you didn't want problems, why are you using a beta?"

Bob,

Beta's are made to report bugs. They simply wouldn't be a beta if they weren't wishing to get bugs reported to them.

With that said, we have direct word from Laminar to always report anything that breaks that previously worked. By not reporting you risk the chance of this problem REMAINING in the final version. A final version isn't final if it contains outstanding bugs. :)

We care about betas that crash plugins that didn't used to crash!  Could someone post a crash_log.txt* (or better yet an Apple crash report if this can be made on Apple)?

thanks

Ben

* The stack crawler on Windows doesn't do a good job of stack crawling plugin code.

Hey, all,

I've had a talk with laminar about this some more, and here's the easier way to say it:

Our aircraft plug-in doesn't seem to be the only one crashing X-Plane in a similar manner, and this was because beta 9 has a turned off filter from the SDK. Beta-10 will re-introduce this, and the problem should be fixed.

Look for the new beta from Laminar in the coming week!

hi all,

yes I have this crashes to also in beta9 - but as there are a lot of other issues in that beta versions, I try to workaround.

1) agianst that crashes - I renamed the folder in what the mu2 lies, and deleted all prefs (saving my keys) for the moment it works, I am able to load other airplanes and I am able to reload the mu2. be sure that the other planes you have in your folders which you maybe load for simulating traffic are 9.3 planes - maybe do a batch convert in plane maker. I formyself do not use traffic in this state of develpment of xplane.

edit: now in beta10 it seems to be ok

2) if I try to start the mu2 from the cold I cannot run the starters - nothing happens if I hit them. so I load the plane with engines running. then I change to loading without runnig engines and load the location again (the location not the plane!) then I can use the start buttons.

3) that I look at my feet if I toggle 3D - I cannot do anything against it.

4) from time to time the mu2 ask for authorization - I cannot switch that of.

5) what I do not know: do I have to activate fadec in planemaker for the mu2? if yes what do I have to assign, and what is the critical altitude? someone knows?

cheers and thnx tom

ps. this plane is a really wonderfull app it is a challenge to fly it and to land it in a smooth way - in the middel of the runway - what is difficult.....

try it on eglc :-)