Some issues on the Model (ext. and VC)

ChrisU85

Dear IXEG

First i respect your hard work and love it realy :wub: more then my Wife :ph34r:

First thing is the missing Pitot on the tail 

Second the APU inlet is on the wrong Position must be a bit deeper ...

something is worng with the winglets are too Long nut sure or fat..  on the Classic is only 2,10m  high

I have an bug in the VC side window (only with Clouds ...)

Best regards

B733_16.png

Edited by Morten

First the Saab, now this. Dude, you're nitpicking at things that are incredibly small, and I'm not even looking to validate them...I'm just astonished to read these posts from you over the past week.

Fly the plane. Enjoy the systems. You're going to ruin your own experience with your obsession to perfection on a 3D model. It's just not going to happen.

The only one that I will validate and feel is concerning is the window VC issue. I've never seen that before...wondering if it's a video card driver issue of sorts?

We will investigate if the artifact is still there with the upcoming Beta 11.20. If so, we need to report it to Laminar Research.

We have had similiar reports, usually related to other plugins that affect the shaders/colouring etc. in X-Plane. To isolate that possibility, it would be necessary to run the IXEG 737 as a standalone plugin with the latest graphics drivers.

As for nitpicking the 3D model, I think Cameron has good advice in not getting too obsessive. We (I) like to hear about obvious omissions (like the pitot tubes for the elevator feel system), but on the whole it will never be possible to get to 100% accuracy, especially with subjective assessments (that looks just a tad too slim...) and it is easy to forget to see "what is there" vs. "what is not right".

I experience a similiar effect myself when a game or add-on I use is slated for an update. I tend to not play it at all anymore, because I think: "well, its getting an update, so it must be faulty, so I am not wasting my time with something faulty..."

I understand the desire to help making a good project even better, but there is a fine line between constructive criticism and "counting peas", as we say in german ;). I am married to a perfectionist, and trust me, I learned about the downside of perfectionism... :lol:

Thanks, Jan

• Upvote 2