braking using datarefs does not work

fsedano

Hello folks,

I just noticed in v 1.21 datarefs for the brakes have no effect - This used to work on previous version. 

I'm trying to use sim/cockpit2/controls/left_brake_ratio and sim/cockpit2/controls/right_brake_ratio and, as soon as I set them to '1', they move back to 0.

However, if I use the command to brake, or a joystick axis,I see the plane braking and datarefs changing to 1.

Is there another dataref to activate brakes?

Thanks,

Hmm, I don´t think we changed anything regarding the brakes. If you have an axis assigned to brakes, I would expect that to override any brake value you assign via dataref. The whole braking system is pretty much "standard X-Plane".

Note that there are some "system states" where we "fail" the brake to emulate no hydraulic pressure being available.

Cheers, Jan

Hi, Jan. Thanks for the prompt reply.

i have no axis assigned and actually there's no joystick or similar assigned. If I change the plane to the stock 737 then datarefs work as they should. I can post a video if it helps.

could somebody double check if the data ref stay at 1 when you set it? In my case they return immediately to 0

• 9 months later...
11 hours ago, raysot said:

I just updated to 11.26 and I also note that the brakes datarefs no longer work. 

I'm using a Teensy to talk directly to datarefs and while my 15 other Teensies still work, the Teensy that manages my braking is inop.

Brakes used to work before the update.

Weird - brakes work fine for me in 11.26 and 11.30... maybe icy runways? Hydraulics off? Brake failed (per failures)?

Cheers, Jan

• 1 month later...

Consistency by Laminar Research is definitely not their forte. In 11.25, I used to override the throttles by setting a "1" to "sim/operation/override/override_throttles". Upgraded to 11.30 and now a "1" DISABLES the override...

Also can't control left/right brakes: it's frustrating to have to keep trying and trying (and then things changing on us). The description of the list of datarefs found in many other sites, is very inaccurate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MGiacomet said:

Consistency by Laminar Research is definitely not their forte. In 11.25, I used to override the throttles by setting a "1" to "sim/operation/override/override_throttles". Upgraded to 11.30 and now a "1" DISABLES the override...

I am using this override without any problems.