[Solved] IXEG VR Bug

TimeTraveler

Hi Litjan,

Been having some excellent flights in x-plane's vr with the rift. This last release (Feb 26), v4 has a small problem with the handsets/touch controllers. (a new fix for the vive headset, v5 was released today, but I am going to wait for v6 or 7 by tomorrow since they say they will skip 6 for some unknown reason!)

The touch controllers are visible, but do nothing.  I loaded another ac and there was no problem, they worked fine so this may be indigenous to IXEG.

If you need some logs or whatever, let me know and I'll load er up, then attach here.

fyi, despite having no touch controllers, I was loaded up in the plots seat perfectly, so I took it fro a spin around the ap.  I just love flying your ac!  One of few that are worth their salt :)

Thanks for everything!

EDIT.............decided to update to 5..what've I got to  lose, eh?  I'll see if there is a diff

EDIT 2........no dif...still not working in v5

Edited by Morten

5 hours ago, Litjan said:

Thanks for the heads-up!

If you want to do me a favour, please file a bug report with Laminar!

I will try as well.

Cheers, Jan

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Hmm, just tried in 11.20vr5 and everything works well (Oculus Rift)...

Cheers, Jan

OK, I'll do that.  Also, maybe a re-install may help. I noticed the license re-up was weird this time around.  It told me it was not valid, but did have a window to revalidate.  So, I did and the window told me all is well. BUT, that one window below the revalidate had me worried..never saw that anytime.

so, report to laminar after next start..Thanks Lijan. Appreciate your on the spot help :) (sorry I was late!)

3 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hmm, just tried in 11.20vr5 and everything works well (Oculus Rift)...

Cheers, Jan

Looks like I was the culprit :o!  After re-install, I went to joystick settings and, there it was. A warning I hadn't configured my controllers, tho they were configured in a previous flight. Somehow, after the last update, unbeknownst to me,those settings were changed by X-Plane. So, I just put in a generic profile for now until I get the jist of setting up the controller profiles. Nevertheless, great flight and very happy..again, flying your ac!  Thanks for your help..again! Cheers

Luigi

PS..what settings are you using in the tray tool, if you're using that of course ;) ?  I started with 1.6 and lowered it to 1.4 and that seems to be the sweet spot for my system

• Upvote 1