Cannot rotate knobs

cchiozza

I can left click switches but when I try to rotate knobs I get the HAND icon and trying to drag or click and nothing happens, whats the deal? I am running on a 4k monitor full screen. If I give focus to another open window and quickly click on a knob it will turn one. I know it makes no sense. All five stars at 75 bucks hard to believe.

I believe you're experiencing a 4k resolution issue. As I recall, I've heard of this problem with switch and knob manipulation with numerous aircraft, but I've only had one guy write in about it before. Apparently making X-Plane run in windowed mode is the answer. There is an app that will take the borders away and make it feel like full windowed mode.

See if going to windowed mode solves your issue.

19 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

Yea I heard that to but the option to run in  window mode is gone as far as I can see in the 11.10? I do not see that option. Was it taken away?

No. I still use windowed mode during development. It's under the selection of your monitor resolution within X-Plane.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cchiozza said:

Thats weird it was not there and now it is. Yes it works in windowsed mode. I think the developer is misleading by not saying that on the sell page for the product. I was torn between the 737 and md80, chose this one because of the reviews.

I think you think wrong.

The plane works fine on fullscreen 4K (I run it in that configuration) - and if it doesn´t on yours, it is probably a problem with your screen, your system or the X-Plane program itself. You said yourself that it is working for you "after switching monitors".

To accuse us of misleading a customer is a pretty serious accusation.

Jan

1 hour ago, cchiozza said:

Thats weird it was not there and now it is. Yes it works in windowsed mode. I think the developer is misleading by not saying that on the sell page for the product. I was torn between the 737 and md80, chose this one because of the reviews.

All software has bugs. Most AAA games for Consoles never reach a remotely bug free state. Some games with multi million dollar budgets are riddled with issues.

In other news, water is wet.

When you say it works fine in 4k, what resolution are you using. I would not post an issue where there is not one. That makes no sense. I am running it on a 4K 60 inch curved display and all other pay-ware aircraft work fine so I think I can say with absolute truthfulness that it is related to the IEGX without hesitation. And yes when I ran it on a 26" non 4K it did work but not 4K.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi I have just purchased the wonderful 737 Classic but I have found that 'mouse click and drag' on my single 4K screen only works in windowed mode and not 4K full screen mode.

This does not happen with default X-Plane aircraft, my Flight Factor 757 or FlyJSim 727.

Is there a setting that I can apply to change the way the rotary knobs and switches react to the mouse? Such as using the mouse scroll wheel to turn the rotary knobs, as it would seem that in 4K full screen mode, the click areas are being miss read.

Thank you for you assistance.

Ted.

11 hours ago, JazzFunk said:

Hi I have just purchased the wonderful 737 Classic but I have found that 'mouse click and drag' on my single 4K screen only works in windowed mode and not 4K full screen mode.

This does not happen with default X-Plane aircraft, my Flight Factor 757 or FlyJSim 727.

Is there a setting that I can apply to change the way the rotary knobs and switches react to the mouse? Such as using the mouse scroll wheel to turn the rotary knobs, as it would seem that in 4K full screen mode, the click areas are being miss read.

Thank you for you assistance.

Ted.

Hi Ted,

this seems to be the case for some 4k users, not for others. We have not been able to find out what causes this. The workaround seems to be to run in windowed mode, as you found out. There is a program out there that allows you to run in "borderless window" - so it looks like fullscreen.

To my knowledge there is no advantage in X-Plane running in full screen vs windowed mode (not like in the old times where running full screen would give you better fps in most games). In addition, it is much easier to work on other things (beside your X-Plane session) when in windowed mode.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your quick response.

I think it could be due to having twice the vertical and horizontal resolution which would make the click areas half as big. I come to that conclusion as I notice that if I look very closely the hand cursor changes in size and I can actually move a knob for a short rotation.

To get around this, I have mapped a button that allows me to quickly switch between full screen and windowed mode.

Thanks for the tip re "borderless window", which I found here if anyone else has the same issue.

https://www.howtogeek.com/324835/how-to-play-any-windows-game-in-full-screen-borderless-windowed-mode/

Quick question if I may - Will you being changing over to the mouse wheel hover so that you can just move your mouse wheel up and down to rotate a knob?

Regards,

Ted.

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2018 at 12:29 PM, Litjan said:

Hi Ted,

the "mousewheel" rotation is an often requested feature and we definitely consider adding it in the future.

Cheers, Jan

I read this thread because I purchased the Saab 340A a couple days ago and could not figure out how to turn the knobs that depict two turning arrows at the same time. I do not have a 4K monitor, but I can't seem to rotate the panel light knobs for night flights or several other knobs and I'm sure there is some trick to it as I watched a YouTube video and it worked fine for that person. The manuals do not mention how to do this. I hope the mousewheel rotation will be implemented as it seems to be the most intuitive way to rotate any knob.