Blender - Questions about modeling

Hansa

Hi All,

I'm newbie in this kind of work, but I would like to try build my own aircraft. In fact, I try to modeling fesulage of B747-400 and found some of problems during this process. I really hope you can provide some of help or assistance to better understand how I can fix this problem.

How I can smooth curves in Blender from center to border object (just for sample from sphere to oval). Do you have some kind of tricks or technic? To better understand what I mean you can look at this picture...

Many thanks!

PS: Sorry for my enlish, I know it's not perfect  :-\

post-3117-131369597361_thumb.gif

It's an extremely ambitious first project for you.

I would like to suggest you start with something a lot smaller so you can learn whatever there is to learn.

If you are very eager to start with a 747-400, then I would like to suggest you learn enough about Blender so you have at least an intermediate level of 3D modelling knowledge.

There are no secrets or tricks to making these 3D models.  It takes a lot of work, practise and dedication.  

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for everybody. I know it's really ambitious project for my self. But impossible is possible. For me it's does not matter how long time I'm going to work with this model. I just try to do 3D model of this aircraft... In this year I have a lot of free time... Anyway people from others forum already provide for me good tricks (smooth and proportional editing).

To split a quad into 2 tris- there are a few ways. One is: control + TAB + key3 to go into face edit mode. Select the offending face. Press key x, delete face. Control + tab + 2 into edge mode. Select two edges that share a vertice and press key F. Select the two remaining edges and press key F again. Yay!

Or, select the face and do control + key T.

To split a quad into 2 tris- there are a few ways. One is: control + TAB + key3 to go into face edit mode. Select the offending face. Press key x, delete face. Control + tab + 2 into edge mode. Select two edges that share a vertice and press key F. Select the two remaining edges and press key F again. Yay!

Or, select the face and do control + key T.

Many thanks! :)

Folks,

What do you think about this?

I'm still keep working on fuselage. But I would like to understand your opinion :)

PS: Of course any critics are welcome, because they can help to build much more realistic model.

PPS: This render after subserf and smooth and have total VE: 49673, FA 49152.

post-3117-131369597735_thumb.gif

Looking good! Also, just in case you didn't know Leading Edge is making an full 744 with systems, fmc, etc...

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=794.0 Are you planning on adding systems, and fmc?

Looking forward to your progress!

My Action Plan looks like this:

1. Build high quality external 3D flight model of B747-400

2. Texturing fuselage.

3. Build high quality 3D cockpit model of B747-400

4. Texturing 3D cockpit.

3. Try to implement internal systems (FMC, AP and so on...)

PS: But you need to understand this craft it's my first project and I just try to do it.

BTW anybody knows how much polygons is good for fuselage?

Other update.

post-3117-131369598133_thumb.gif

My Action Plan looks like this:

1. Build high quality external 3D flight model of B747-400

2. Texturing fuselage.

3. Build high quality 3D cockpit model of B747-400

4. Texturing 3D cockpit.

3. Try to implement internal systems (FMC, AP and so on...)

PS: But you need to understand this craft it's my first project and I just try to do it.

BTW anybody knows how much polygons is good for fuselage?

Other update.

45000 faces for just the fuselage without a wingbox is too much.  Faces are quads.  When it gets exported to X Plane, the quads get triangulated so you double that figure.  Then you will have to double that again for the interior surface.  So 180 000 tri's (polygons) for just the fuselage is far too much.