SMP 4.6 on IMAC27 crash

ilankrt

In the near past I wrote twice about SMP 4.6 crash. Every time I got the answer it may be an overload of my graphic card (AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB). Consequently I installed a test app to see if it is so. Today I had another crash and I could see that there was no overload problem !

So what might be the real cause? One thing caught my attention. Every time there is an X-Plane upgrade the next time I simulate I probably will experience a crash!  Some days ago I installed the last X-Plane v.11.11r2. It is obviously that there is a connection between upgrade and X-Plane crash caused by SMP!

What I did was after the two first crashes was reinstalling SMP and RWC and the problem seemed to be solved. This time I will appreciate if the developer should look after the described connection for solving further crash occurrences ....

Has anyone same experience using a MAC computer?

Log copy.txt

There are many ways in which you might "overload" your video card, and I don't know what test app you installed and what precisely you were looking for. Your log does indicate you've loaded up a large amount of ortho scenery and other add-ons that are probably causing you to run low on video memory, if not system memory as well. 

It's also possible that one of the many other add-ons you have installed is corrupting memory that's causing SkyMaxx Pro to crash. As we're not seeing crashes from others being reported, I have to think the real issue is one of the other add-ons you have installed.

SMP does not do anything special upon seeing an upgrade of X-Plane, so the underlying issue must be something larger or external to us. I know you probably don't believe me, but X-Plane with add-ons is a complex system and all the parts interact with each other in complex ways. If you really want to test if it's us, you can install a clean X-Plane into a new directory, install no add-ons other than SMP and RWC, and see if the problems persist.

19 hours ago, sundog said:

There are many ways in which you might "overload" your video card, and I don't know what test app you installed and what precisely you were looking for. Your log does indicate you've loaded up a large amount of ortho scenery and other add-ons that are probably causing you to run low on video memory, if not system memory as well. 

It's also possible that one of the many other add-ons you have installed is corrupting memory that's causing SkyMaxx Pro to crash. As we're not seeing crashes from others being reported, I have to think the real issue is one of the other add-ons you have installed.

SMP does not do anything special upon seeing an upgrade of X-Plane, so the underlying issue must be something larger or external to us. I know you probably don't believe me, but X-Plane with add-ons is a complex system and all the parts interact with each other in complex ways. If you really want to test if it's us, you can install a clean X-Plane into a new directory, install no add-ons other than SMP and RWC, and see if the problems persist.

Hallo, I do not want to continue polemicising, but my iMac can deal all the way long with all plugins and high graphic parameters with no crash at all. I have already indicated that after reinstalling SMP for new everything works as usual. This is the best proof that something specific SMP happens and only after every XP upgrade. Otherwise, I would have still have to experience multiple crashes because of alleged overload...