Takeoff Config Warning on 2nd takeoff

marianol

Hello everyone, 

I've been having a problem for some time now, in every version of XP11. If I make 2 flights in a row, on the 2nd takeoff I ALWAYS get a config warning when taking off but everything is OK. Is this a bug or am I missing some procedure? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by marianol

You'll hear the configuration warning when you advance the throttle and

• parking brake is set
  • flaps not set properly
  • trim outside of takeoff range
  • speed brake not fully retracted

If you run into this problem after a previous flight then most likely the trim has been moved out of the proper range during approach/landing.

Other people had problems with an axis assigned to the speed brake, which caused it not to be fully retracted.

Edited by mfor

I have done a few flights recently where I took off not long after landing, one was a training flight where I basically turned at the end of the runway, configured for takeoff and took off straight away, no takeoff warning, so it must be one of the items listed by mfor rather than a bug.

5 hours ago, mfor said:

You'll hear the configuration warning when you advance the throttle and

• parking brake is set
  • flaps not set properly
  • trim outside of takeoff range
  • speed brake not fully retracted

If you run into this problem after a previous flight then most likely the trim has been moved out of the proper range during approach/landing.

Other people had problems with an axis assigned to the speed brake, which caused it not to be fully retracted.

Thanks for your response. Everything is set up properly, the trim is inside the green band. Regarding the speedbrake I have it set up with an axis but I showed it retracted on the preflight scan. Will check that.

6 minutes ago, marianol said:

Thanks for your response. Everything is set up properly, the trim is inside the green band. Regarding the speedbrake I have it set up with an axis but I showed it retracted on the preflight scan. Will check that.

trim must be retracted AND to the down position. Not ARMED either!

It is important to mention xplane does not support nullzone for speedbrakes or flap axis. So when you assign a lever to that any minimal tinny noise coming from your potentiometer hardware makes the trim not to be down = 0.

You will not catch this under a camera view by looking at the pedestal or an external view inspection because the speedbrake axis may be just at its 0.0001%

• Upvote 1

Apparently it was the Speedbrake as you guys suggested, I tried today retracting them after landing with the keyboard and I didn't have any configuration warning on the 2nd takeoff. Evidently it was it, regardless of the fact it was showing retracted (not armed). Thanks everyone for your help!

This is not so totally uncommon in the real plane - sometimes the speedbrake still sits "on" the rail after not pushing it forward all the way - not enough to really be obvious, but enough for the warning to trigger. So the first instinct when you get the takeoff config is to slam on the speedbrake lever ;).

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1