unlocking machine

dental1

Cameron

I was not aware of the process and finality of this. I have purchased several of your products and use them mainly on main sim machine however I wanted to use them on my laptop for tavel. Is there not a way to unlock my Lap top. Your understanding would be greatly appreciated

Regards Lee

4 hours ago, dental1 said:

Cameron

I was not aware of the process and finality of this. I have purchased several of your products and use them mainly on main sim machine however I wanted to use them on my laptop for tavel. Is there not a way to unlock my Lap top. Your understanding would be greatly appreciated

Regards Lee

Please explain which parts of this text are unclear;

"Select ONE machine to de-authorize forever:"

"De-auth and freeze this machine forever:"
"Please type FREEZE to agree.."

You were required to make an interactive agreement to this process. The digital equivilant of a signature. (Many forms online specify "Type your name to sign"...)

It is very deliberately a multi step process that cannot be triggered by accident.

Your assertion that you were "not aware of the process and finality of this" is clearly false.

You don't seem to have any issues communicating in English so please explain to me how this process could have been any clearer.

Related;

I was not making an accusation! I was just explaining what was my mistake and oversight. I am astonished and dismayed at this senseless back and forth. I just wanted some customer service to reverse my mistake! This is ridiculus. Is your business so good that you don't feel the need to help a customer resolve his issue. What is your objective with this banter. Would you prefer to lose a customer and word of mouth?

I love flight simming and I have never encountered such a disturbing situation from someone who is a fellow member of this wonderful community.  

With disappointment 

Lee

48 minutes ago, dental1 said:

I was not making an accusation! I was just explaining what was my mistake and oversight. I am astonished and dismayed at this senseless back and forth. I just wanted some customer service to reverse my mistake! This is ridiculus. Is your business so good that you don't feel the need to help a customer resolve his issue. What is your objective with this banter. Would you prefer to lose a customer and word of mouth?

I love flight simming and I have never encountered such a disturbing situation from someone who is a fellow member of this wonderful community.  

With disappointment 

Lee

An oversight would be clicking Agree 50 times in a row without reading or understanding the EULA. An error I would have sympathy for.

A claim that you did not understand the implications of the word "FREEZE" and the phrasing and multi-step process in which it is presented is somewhat less believable.

Lee,

You're not winning any hearts here by opening a second thread to a previous that was already locked.

We do not handle activation issues in the forums. The appropriate ticket channels are the only method.

I think at this point it's pretty obvious that we give multiple pages and confirmations in the de-authorization process of a machine to make it very clear this is a forever move. It's made very clear in the wording. Mistakes happen, and we're happy to work with people on them once we conduct our own verifications on license uses in this situation, but your lesson learned here is to be diligent and soak in the information presented to you on a screen.

Support tickets are the only method of help with this situation, and that doesn't mean sending multiple support tickets either.

In your previous thread you said: "I sent two support tickets and have not heard anything."

This is rather infuriating to read you make claims like this, yet apparently (again) not reading more blatant information presented to you on our contact page where you submitted your support ticket:

We will reply as soon as we are able and will endeavor to reply within 3 days, but usually quicker.

Please do not send multiple e-mails or this will delay our response to you!

Not only was your first e-mail not even in our system long enough for a first reply, you sent a second e-mail regardless of the fact it said not to send multiples.