Gizmo64 causing frame drops up to 15 frames

5 hours ago, MuffNick said:

Can someone explain to me what Gizmo64 does inflight? My understanding of Gizmo64 so far is that it offers DRM for various add-ons. The processes required for this could - in my opinion - be carried out while loading these add-ons in the sim. But what must be carried out inflight which - in the worst case - as in my case, can massively reduce performance?

Best regards, Gerson Nerger

Please repeat your experiments in a fresh demo install of X-Plane that contains no third party plugins.

Alternately, try removing them from your existing install and replace them one by one to see if you can identify a clash.

I would start with XJet as it seems to cause misc' issues when both plugins are installed.

Gizmo does not have any scheduled tasks that are running at 25 minutes into your flight by design.
It performs any major DRM operations at the beginning of your aircraft selection / new flight.

Your situation is not common, in fact, you're the only person I'm aware of currently reporting this issue.

To be brutally honest, you're wasting time with these videos. At the moment we aren't seeing this on other customer machines or our own dev Macs. I have now done several longer flights than you did in your videos with no stutter or loss.

The only suggestion I can give you next is to try it with OpenGL and see what happens then. Then, also see what happens in a default aircraft that does not use plugin driven avionics from SASL.

@Ben Russell I installed a second version of XP 11.50 on my iMac with just X-Aviation add-ons. In this setting I have no stutter. What I noticed is that the plugin admin shows permanently that Gizmo64 costs between 14-33 fps. But the sim runs smoothly with fps between 40-60. Look at the short video: Stutter (part 4) ... The question for me is now: What stops Gizmo64 from running permanently on my normal XP installation? Does the stutter occur because Gizmo64 tries to start?

Best regards, Gerson Nerger

7 hours ago, MuffNick said:

It was not a waste of time because pictures are stronger than words ... and English is not my native language.

You might want to read my entire post and not selectively reply to little bits.

And yes, continually making videos showing the same thing over and over is a waste of time. We got it the first time.

Cameron, there is no need for you to be so harsh on a loyal customer. The videos differ because - in addition to the initial situation - I also presented what happens if I implement Bens and your suggestions. I am looking here for help with my problem. Looks like I can not expect it from you ...

8 hours ago, MuffNick said:

Cameron, there is no need for you to be so harsh on a loyal customer. The videos differ because - in addition to the initial situation - I also presented what happens if I implement Bens and your suggestions. I am looking here for help with my problem. Looks like I can not expect it from you ...

I asked you to show me a default aircraft and OpenGL. 

Your latest video is not helpful, because the IXEG 737 is expected to use consistently more FPS in Gizmo, as the IXEG product is entirely coded in Gizmo's language and is used the entire flight as the plugin operating the IXEG 737.

3 minutes ago, MuffNick said:

Test with OpenGL and Laminar default B738: 3 stutter events. In two of them the plugin admin showed at Gizmo64 a fps consumption of 1-2 fps but just for 2 or 3 seconds.

Okay, so this is "expected" behavior, as OpenGL is simply not as efficient as Metal. Now, what happens when you do a test with the same default 738 in Metal?

The Metal scenario with the Laminar default B738 leads to exact the same stutter behavior as you know from my first 3 videos ... During one of the heaviest stutter events I switched in the plugin admin Gizmo64 a couple of times off and on. If Gizmo64 was off I had 60 fps without stutter. If Gizmo64 was on I had stutter with fps down to 12-20. Is it normal that - under Metal - the fps does not go beyond 60 fps (in the OpenGL scenario I had up to 80-90 fps)?

Edited by MuffNick