Flight plan

Syl20

Dear IXEG Team,

I know that this subject has been discussed in some way earlier, but I cannot find a clear answer, so I will try to ask in another way.

Is there any way to get the current flight plan information from a plugin (using DataRef or other mean)?

The idea is to be able, using for example AirManager or other external instruments, to show a ND with the flight route. This is a very wished feature for cockpit builders.

I can see that a lot of data are written in the "IXEG_FMS_debug.txt" but maybe there is another way that is better.

Thank you for your reply.

Cheers

Sylvain

Did I asked something wrong that nobody from IXEG team wishes to give an answer about this? :-)

The fact is that right now, many cockpit builders go for Zibo's plane because it has advanced functionality compared to stock 737 as well as external visual for PFD and especially ND using AirManager. I know that it is far from being as realistic as IXEG.

I am still among the few left who believe that there is a future in building a cockpit around IXEG fantastic plane.

From your side, having an airplane that is cockpit builder friendly, would be a great sales argument...

Cheers

Sylvain

Edited by Syl20

Hi Sylvain,

I read you question, but I have no idea how to extract the flightplan from our plane. There are no datarefs or any easy way, and the same holds true for the EADI and ND.

I know that Tom is interested in cockpit-building himself, so there is a good chance that this capability will be expanded in the future.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your answer.

For the EADI, even if it is not complete, there are some useable solutions at the moment.

For the ND, I know that there is a lot of data involved (flight plan, weather, terrain, traffic...).

I would like to make a completely wild suggestion:

What about having a 2D cockpit view with nothing except from some of the MP instruments (incl. PFD and ND). I have no idea how much work it would need.

This would allow us to put this 2D view on an external screen and have everything like the 3D model :-)

Cheers

Sylvain