saitek throttle quadrant setup

djvagelis80

20 minutes ago, jfjoubert said:

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by "put the blue in number 1 and red in number 2".

Please explain in a bit more detail what you're trying to accomplish and I'll see if I can maybe assist.

The saitek quadrant module has 3 colored levers 

black painting is the throtle

blue painting is the prop

red painting is the mixture

these are the tipical 3 levers you have on a GA aircraft

he is trying to use the blue lever to map engine1 cutoff lever and the red one to map engine2 cutoff lever

i do assume he uses the black lever assigned to throttle and move them as one

Ah, ok... As far as I know you cannot assign an axis to the fuel levers through the default X-Plane joystick configuration.

Attached find a basic FlyWithLua script which you can use to map your joystick axis to the IXEG fuel cutoff levers.

Please read the text at the top of the script file which will explain some basic info about what to do... and let me know if you need help.

I tested it on my rig and it's working.

Just as a thought... the way I have my throttle quadrant set up for the IXEG is as follows:

The 2 right most levers (mixture and prop) are configured as throttle 1 and throttle 2 for the IXEG. Then I use a Lua script which will activate the thrust reversers independently for each throttle when you pull the lever into the bottom switch position. This will simply "toggle" the reverser on/off and then you simply push the lever forward again to control the amount of reverse thrust you need. Pulling it back into the bottom switch position will deactivate the reverser and normal throttle control will return. Works a charm.

I also have a Lua script which adds the fuel cutoff commands to X-Plane and I have the 4 buttons beneath the 2 levers mapped to control the fuel cutoff levers. Not as nice as having an axis, but then again the fuel is either on or off in my books.

Let me know should you be interested in the other scripts.

Jean

ixeg_fuel_lever_axis.lua

Glad it's working...

I have a Lua script which will activate the thrust reversers independently for each throttle when you pull the lever into the bottom switch position (assuming you use 2 levers to control both engines independently).  This will simply "toggle" the reverser on/off and then you simply push the lever forward again to control the amount of reverse thrust you need. Pulling it back into the bottom switch position will deactivate the reverser and normal throttle control will return. This gives you full control on the amount of reverse thrust... not just all or nothing.

I also have a Lua script which adds the fuel cutoff commands to X-Plane and I have the 4 buttons beneath the 2 levers mapped to control the fuel cutoff levers. So for the 2 right most levers button T3 is fuel engine 1 on and T4 is fuel engine 1 off and T5 is fuel engine 2 on and T6 is fuel engine 2 off.

Hi, apologies for the delay...

So here's the good news. Try the attached FlyWithLUA script and let me know if it's working for you. 

Once again, please read the section at the top of the file which will describe what you need to do to map your joystick button to toggle the reversers.

The "debug" mode is on by default so you can see what is happening... just change the debug_on = true to false to disable the on screen display.

Enjoy.

ixeg_single_throttle_control.lua

• 3 years later...
On 11/29/2017 at 4:24 PM, jfjoubert said:

Glad it's working...

I have a Lua script which will activate the thrust reversers independently for each throttle when you pull the lever into the bottom switch position (assuming you use 2 levers to control both engines independently).  This will simply "toggle" the reverser on/off and then you simply push the lever forward again to control the amount of reverse thrust you need. Pulling it back into the bottom switch position will deactivate the reverser and normal throttle control will return. This gives you full control on the amount of reverse thrust... not just all or nothing.

I also have a Lua script which adds the fuel cutoff commands to X-Plane and I have the 4 buttons beneath the 2 levers mapped to control the fuel cutoff levers. So for the 2 right most levers button T3 is fuel engine 1 on and T4 is fuel engine 1 off and T5 is fuel engine 2 on and T6 is fuel engine 2 off.

Care in sharing that fuel cutoff cammands for xplane please ??

9 minutes ago, captsymonette86 said:

need  for the carenado saab

Hi, here's the LUA script for the IXEG 737. I don't have the Carenado so unfortunately I cannot change the script for it.

You'll have to make the changes in the script for the Carenado and map your throttle quadrant switches in the sim.

ixeg_fuel_lever_commands.lua

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 11/28/2017 at 11:33 PM, jfjoubert said:

The 2 right most levers (mixture and prop) are configured as throttle 1 and throttle 2 for the IXEG. Then I use a Lua script which will activate the thrust reversers independently for each throttle when you pull the lever into the bottom switch position. This will simply "toggle" the reverser on/off and then you simply push the lever forward again to control the amount of reverse thrust you need. Pulling it back into the bottom switch position will deactivate the reverser and normal throttle control will return. Works a charm.

I would be very interested in this script. I am using two Saitek throttle quadrants. The 3rd lever of the left quadrant is throttle 1 and the 1st lever of the right throttle quadrant is throttle 2-

Best Regards

Thomas 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 11:44 PM, wahltho said:

I would be very interested in this script. I am using two Saitek throttle quadrants. The 3rd lever of the left quadrant is throttle 1 and the 1st lever of the right throttle quadrant is throttle 2-

Best Regards

Thomas 

Here's the original script... for anyone else that might be looking for it as well.

ixeg_throttle_control.lua