P.180 Avanti II - Support

airfighter

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Aidanxp said:

just got into flying this aircraft, and was wondering what power settings are optimal for cruise, descent etc...

I haven't been able to find this information elsewhere, thanks in advance :) 

95% torque for take off, and then maintain 90% through the climb (you can push 100% up to FL260). For cruise use the torque you like without exceeding 250 kts or M.67. Start your descend earlier than what the FMC suggests, or set on the DESCEND page a descend angle of 2*. You must keep some torque (do not descend on idle) to keep oil warm.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

After a few requests I got for loading the aircraft for use with career trackers (FSEconomy, FSCharter, etc), I did some changes to allow control fuel and payload via X-Plane's menus. This is a short fix, not an update.

1. Download the file below.
  2. Backup your P180_Avanti_II/scripts folder, and delete it from Avanti's folder.
  3. Unzip the downloaded file and move the new scripts folder into Avanti's folder.

Download here!

FUTURE UPDATES:

After X-Plane 12 will be released, and do what needed for the payware products (C23, DC3), I will bring Avanti up to XP12 standards, hopefully sometime within 2022.

• Like 1

Hello Ilias,

thank you for this quick update! It solves my problem! :-)
Yesterday I made my first flight with it and about 10 minutes after take off my lef engine died for no obvious reason....

So, I was looking for some guidance in the form of a manual or tutorial videos, but could not find any particular reference to engine management.

In early 2020 you wrote here: "I should apologize because I don't have any documentation covering the aircraft. I might do a "tutorial" like video to show a few things special to Avanti and how you should operate the aircraft."
Is that still true? Any more concrete plans?

Thank you again for your dedication and the excellent work you have done for this unique aircraft.

Best wishes
Jürgen

I have experienced twice in the last days the loss of my left engine for no apparent reason. The right engine continued normally.

I tried to restart the engine but that did not work.

What is the correct procedure for restarting an engine while in flight, please?
Thank you, Ilias, for this crucial information and perhaps a hint where i can find a tutorial or checklist for that situation, if you know of one.

Otherwise, thank you again for an excellent plane!

Cheers,
Scorpio47

6 hours ago, Scorpio47 said:

I have experienced twice in the last days the loss of my left engine for no apparent reason. The right engine continued normally.

I tried to restart the engine but that did not work.

What is the correct procedure for restarting an engine while in flight, please?
Thank you, Ilias, for this crucial information and perhaps a hint where i can find a tutorial or checklist for that situation, if you know of one.

Otherwise, thank you again for an excellent plane!

Cheers,
Scorpio47

If will happen again, post here the Log.txt to check if there is and bug. I've made a flight with Avanti, might help

3 hours ago, airfighter said:

If will happen again, post here the Log.txt to check if there is and bug. I've made a flight with Avanti, might help

Thank you, Ilias, will do that for sure. So far I had this twice, but today I could fly for about 150 NM without any incident. Will be alert for another one if it happens.

Thank you for that video, I will watch it and certainly learn a lot more about this wonderful airplane!

Have a good week and take care
Juergen

EDIT after my last flight:

The engines worked flawlessly, only at FL310 the left engine indication showed a jitter when I went above 67%, below that value all was fine.
Furthermore after touch down a window opened, triggered by Gizmo with a warning in red letters. Unfortunately I did not take a screenshot, but it mentioned something was not found in connection with OnUpdate....

For your information I have attached my log file ....

THANK YOU for your help and support
Cheers Juergen

Log.txt

Edited by Scorpio47
attached log file

14 hours ago, Scorpio47 said:

The engines worked flawlessly, only at FL310 the left engine indication showed a jitter when I went above 67%, below that value all was fine.
Furthermore after touch down a window opened, triggered by Gizmo with a warning in red letters. Unfortunately I did not take a screenshot, but it mentioned something was not found in connection with OnUpdate....

If your Mach speed goes above M.65 (which is aircraft limit and indicated below speed tape), there is a tendency for the left engine to overspeed. Keep the speed at M.65 or lower. The FM is a bit rough on these extremities, and will be reviewed with XP12.

The warning is a bug in my navigation code, happens at the end of the flight plan, and will be fixed in the future. But beyond the warning, you should have no other affect in the operation of the aircraft.

3 hours ago, airfighter said:

If your Mach speed goes above M.65 (which is aircraft limit and indicated below speed tape), there is a tendency for the left engine to overspeed. Keep the speed at M.65 or lower. The FM is a bit rough on these extremities, and will be reviewed with XP12.

The warning is a bug in my navigation code, happens at the end of the flight plan, and will be fixed in the future. But beyond the warning, you should have no other affect in the operation of the aircraft.

Thank you, Ilias, for your prompt reply and the confirmation that there is nothing "wrong" with my setup and Gizmo :)

As to that speed limit, I shall watch out more carefully in the future and hope to avoid engine burn out.

But even if I might not need it, I would still be interested to know the proper way to restart an engine in flight....

Thanks again and  σας ευχαριστώ

Jürgen

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, InitiatedAunt74 said:

Gizmo is required for this aircraft?

How do you download it? The link is broken

https://gizmo64.com/ ->

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmvc1kyfslyim6b/Gizmo64.plugin-20.07.19.0120.zip?dl=1

6 hours ago, InitiatedAunt74 said:

ALSO the flight computer is messed up.  Look and see if you can spot the issue.

someone needs new glasses.jpg

Yes Gizmo is required for this aircraft. This is the source of all issues. Where did you got the Gizmo link? 

27 minutes ago, InitiatedAunt74 said:

Why does this freeware aircraft require a payware aircraft's DRM plugin?

Why does the gizmo64.com website point to a broken link?

You should probably remove this plugin. What good does it do? The plane flies, and the throttle won't move without gizmo?

The Avanti mod package is published for free. It was created by Ilias as both a learning and demonstration project.

Gizmo's website points to a broken link because I currently have more important things to worry about like XP12 and various other features and updates.

Those that have supported our ventures by buying products have one extra free aircraft to enjoy.

Those who bring only attitude to the table (that would be you) will have to wait until you are served a free item.

Edited by Ben Russell

And I won't spend a nickel on any aircraft that uses Gizmo, because I don't want to encourage arrogance and bullying.

People may notice the "I won't license my tools to you" as basically letting everyone know that you think of it not so much as a business that is open for business, and more "my tools", which people who you like might use.

SASL, your competitor, is run by grown-ups.

Edited by InitiatedAunt74

3 hours ago, InitiatedAunt74 said:

And I won't spend a nickel on any aircraft that uses Gizmo, because I don't want to encourage arrogance and bullying.

People may notice the "I won't license my tools to you" as basically letting everyone know that you think of it not so much as a business that is open for business, and more "my tools", which people who you like might use.

SASL, your competitor, is run by grown-ups.

The only reason you are here at all is to loudly and ignorantly complain and demand that something free be made to work for you as a priority.

You're upset because I called you on the bullshit attitude you came here with.

The idea that you are with-holding money or work from me is laughable.
You had no intention of spending or providing either of them.

As SASL and FWL are so much better in your mind I'm sure you'll find plenty of other content "over there" to satiate your impatience. Please direct your attention thusly.

DId I demand it be made to work? Or did I simply ask, why is this thing, which is supposed to be a going thing, seeming so not around and evanescent?  It gives off well, an unpleasant first impression.

You have heard about first impressions? They have them wherever you find yourself?

The answer to this question is a bunch of loud-mouth idiocy from this Ben person. What a winner.  Let's look at all the places where you were a jerk on this board.  There's dozens of them.

Guess what, when everyone else is the problem, it's you.

Edited by InitiatedAunt74
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, InitiatedAunt74 said:

Why does this freeware aircraft require a payware aircraft's DRM plugin?

Why does the gizmo64.com website point to a broken link?

You should probably remove this plugin. What good does it do? The plane flies, and the throttle won't move without gizmo?

As you said, it is a freeware aircraft; but not open source. DRM protects my code which is my intellectual property. 

But is not about DRM only. Gizmo is the best option to develop a high complex aircraft, using Lua. Avanti is one of the most complex freeware aircrafts in X-Plane, because takes advantage of Gizmo's horsepower.

At this point, with all the development going on, both for X-Plane and Gizmo, is not possible to get the plugin, other than owning an X-Aviation product. Sometime in the future, might be available for free distribution, but that's no one priority now. 

Your suggestion about what I should, is not welcomed. I think that also you don't like other to tell you what you should do. It is something free, if it is fits you, good. If not, then move on.

• Like 1