P.180 Avanti II - Support

airfighter

12 minutes ago, JCP said:

I made two flight and simply astonishing aircraft!
I hace intention to do some repaints as soon I can.

I´ve seen a lo quality light underneath the aircraft, i dont know if its any misconfig by myself.

Any documentation about, flight planning (optimun FL, fuel req, etc)

Thanks!

I will have a look for the light. You can get those numbers from this manual http://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/P180_Avanti-Specification_and_Description.pdf

Also smartcockpit has all manuals for Avanti systems. http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/PIAGGIO/AVANTI.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Beautiful airplane, but I can't get a lot of it to work... PFD/MFD not displaying correctly... All of the click and drag switches don't work... Any tips? Thanks! I can't get the starters or anything to work. I used start with engines running and the engine gauges don't work at all. No maps... 

Edited by arangopilot

1 hour ago, arangopilot said:

Beautiful airplane, but I can't get a lot of it to work... PFD/MFD not displaying correctly... All of the click and drag switches don't work... Any tips? Thanks! I can't get the starters or anything to work. I used start with engines running and the engine gauges don't work at all. No maps... 

Make sure to read the description well. Probably you are missing the Gizmo plugin. If you have any problems, please post your Log.txt.

2 hours ago, Weyournumber1 said:

When I install the Gizmo on this Piaggio Avanti, I don't know why my artificial horizon is changing. You can change it?

2 hours ago, Weyournumber1 said:

MCDU And AviTab Not Work. The MCDU Is Photo Of This. Avitab Is Crashed. Why?

Please provide more info. 

1 hour ago, Weyournumber1 said:

This Is Real Cockpit

Triangle On Artifical Horizon

As shown in the picture below:

1. Press the REFS button twice to go to REFS 2/2 page.
2. Turn the outer knob until the blue rectangle go over the "V-BAR  X-PTR" text (number 4).
3. Turn the inner knob until "V-BAR" text is blue and large as below.
4. Press REFS once again to hide the REFS pages.

avanti_V-BAR.thumb.png.6c976007105838c3cec35526886d9fad.png

On 30.10.2020 at 17:23, airfighter said:

Jak pokazano na poniższym obrazku:

1. Naciśnij dwukrotnie przycisk REFS, aby przejść do strony REFS 2/2.
2. Obracaj zewnętrznym pokrętłem, aż niebieski prostokąt przejdzie nad napisem „V-BAR X-PTR” (numer 4).
3. Przekręć wewnętrzne pokrętło, aż napis „V-BAR” stanie się niebieski i duży, jak poniżej.
4. Naciśnij ponownie REFS, aby ukryć strony REFS.

Oh, Thanks

On 30.10.2020 at 17:23, airfighter said:

Jak pokazano na poniższym obrazku:

1. Naciśnij dwukrotnie przycisk REFS, aby przejść do strony REFS 2/2.
2. Obracaj zewnętrznym pokrętłem, aż niebieski prostokąt przejdzie nad napisem „V-BAR X-PTR” (numer 4).
3. Przekręć wewnętrzne pokrętło, aż napis „V-BAR” stanie się niebieski i duży, jak poniżej.
4. Naciśnij ponownie REFS, aby ukryć strony REFS.

Thats One Of Best Free Planes For X-Plane

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 5:52 PM, airfighter said:

Re: Throttles and Condition Levers. Known problem will be solved in the next release. For now, create a separate prifole for Avanti, and set 1 axis for both throttles, and none for condition levers.

One of the great quirks about the forum is when you quote someone it always appears as the header. It's kind of like walking into a room and farting loudly before you're able to speak. Please accept my apologies.

I digress. Superb A/C, just superb. 

Everything in the green and flies like a dream.

Here it comes. However, the condition lever is still buggy on my rig.

The real reward for me was to read the complete history of the build to see if it was only on my side. @airfighter, you must be exhausted. Is it true what they say about developer's: "The pay maybe lousy but at least the hours are long". I remember flying this in MSFS2004/FSX and had it been your creation back then you'd probably be comfortably retired by now and be know as a FS Icon. Great work.

To sum it up, no big deal. I'll man up and move them with the mouse.

Again, my thanks for a one of a kind aircraft.

Cordially,

Roger Halunen

Log.txt

Edited by rhalunen

Thank You @airfighter:

Sir Winston Churchill once said “Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing…usually only after they have exhausted all other possibilities. “

Or, if you prefer;

Q: How do you make a flight simmer dizzy?
A: Put him in a barrel and tell 'em to pee in the corner.

I am proud to announce that I have spent the morning trying my best to prove both of these statements to be true and correct; I have succeeded.

I came to realize that I must be two people because no one person could be this dumb. I got Avitab but could not get the Avanti menu. I checked Gizmo's drop down menu earlier and rifled through it finding nothing related. It wasn't until about my third time in the barrel that I saw the post on what the drop down should look like. Ah Ha moment. I had Gizmo set to “Disable Tool Tray” long ago since it was distracting. With the Gizmo tool tray restored and in place with one click I had the Avanti menu. From there it was easy to set to HW (Hardware) and I was off and running. The Condition Lever works perfectly now.

I think the greatest thing I've learned from both flying and simming is humility. I still have a lot to learn...

Again, my thanks and gratitude.

To prevent any further unease with humility I present a visual of my triumph.

Respectfully,
Roger Halunen

avanti - 2021-03-02 11.27.31.jpg

• Upvote 1

@rhalunenno worries my friend. It is also an omission from my side not to provide any current documentation that you can refer to. Been a side project many year now, I just add a few things when I have some spare time, leaving documentation out. I hope to find a few hours to put together a small pdf file with a few tips for such things.

Also I hope that I can be able to push soon a newer version with some extra stuff I have done a bit of work, like a custom ND with weather/terrain radar, and some FMC customizations.

openwxr1.thumb.jpg.7c9964d06222d419cdd9b07950e10a52.jpg

1851780501_avanti-2021-03-0300_25_29.thumb.png.9afd6e30c2f118dc594e8ade8570a6a7.png

2146967955_avanti-2021-03-0300_25_47.thumb.png.e74eb2113ea39b2d44c0f3ae1abdc348.png

• Like 1

Hi, you developed a great mod. You should say that the tablet needs bat and avionics on. I loocked for 3 hourd the solution and I was writing here to ask a solution and completly random I decided to try the avionics and it worcked hahaha

Edited by simzan.96

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - I have a saitek throttle quadrant and am having troube asigning the condition levers to it - I want to use 1 lever for both throttles and the other two leveers for individual condition levers - but they act very erratically - they kinda "want" to follow my hardware inout, but then jump back to the detents - can you advise what I'm doing wrong? thanks :-)

34 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi - I have a saitek throttle quadrant and am having troube asigning the condition levers to it - I want to use 1 lever for both throttles and the other two leveers for individual condition levers - but they act very erratically - they kinda "want" to follow my hardware inout, but then jump back to the detents - can you advise what I'm doing wrong? thanks :-)