P.180 Avanti II - Support

airfighter

I saw the scripts update and proceed to run it (following the instructions) just replacing the content of the scripts folder.

The error message pop-ups after immediately after executing the FPLN from the FMS, entering just a departure, arrival and a single VIA waypoint. When I click the execute button the PFD (which is set to FMS) goes blank and that error message appears.

I tried rolling back the scripts update (restarting) and receive the same error. I then tried removing the entire aircraft folder and just doing the v2.1.1 install and now also receive that error message.

Anything else I can provide for troubleshooting?

2018-12-01 23_44_55-X-System.png

I saw the scripts update and proceed to run it (following the instructions) just replacing the content of the scripts folder.
The error message pop-ups after immediately after executing the FPLN from the FMS, entering just a departure, arrival and a single VIA waypoint. When I click the execute button the PFD (which is set to FMS) goes blank and that error message appears.
I tried rolling back the scripts update (restarting) and receive the same error. I then tried removing the entire aircraft folder and just doing the v2.1.1 install and now also receive that error message.
Anything else I can provide for troubleshooting?
1631937881_2018-12-0123_44_55-X-System.thumb.png.af28e087d48888dcf7a3ab059cc33c1b.png
Thanks for the reporting. It is closely related to the previous bug, and I believe I will have the fix ready this week.

If it is possible, please fill an issue here too: https://bitbucket.org/iliastse.../issues?status=new&status=open

Certainly. Created!
I put it as a major instead of blocker because the plane still appears to operate against the programmed FMS route, there's just no visual indication.
Thanks a lot. This way is easier for me to track issues, rather searching for bugs in the forums, or social media.

Until the fix is ready, don't switch to NAV/BRV SOURCE = FMS, only after have entered the departure, or at least a runway.

The error comes on because I assume in my code that the first way point is active as soon as you enter into the flight plan any point. Since this only happens when you activate the departure, you get the nil value thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got my Piaggio Avanti II rating so i'm SUPERRRRR happy about this aircraft and y'all making this freeware...even though I would definitely pay for it with a bit more work. Here are some things I noticed while I was flying for ~15 mins. Some of this are bigger projects and I know this is freeware but just giving my 2 cents since i've been through training. Maybe theres an update I missed and some of these are fixed but I did just install this yesterday. Thanks SOOO much again for this plane, its AMAZING as it is.

• Reflection on MFD, PFD, annunc. panel etc. during the day is way to plasticy and doesnt look real at all unless the sun is shining on it. X plane thing I guess
  • AP Disc bar is engaged when I start...shouldnt be
  • Lettering like the "REFS" NAV/BRG etc are a little too big, the real plane the font is smaller
  • Oil Cooler switches should work...should be on during ground ops
  • Propellers seem to go way over 2000 when I throttle up...they should stay at 2000 or 2005 ish max for a second or so, prop governors should be working so it shouldn't go above
  • Reversionary Panel, TCAS etc. that whole panel should work (Bigger project)
  • The back up artificial horizon gauge should take a few minutes to spool up, not turn on right away. Also you should be able to set the altimeter separate from both PFD's
  • V/S mode on Autopilot was working for me
  • Ground ROTARY test, all options should work correctly (shouldnt be too hard but somewhat time consuming)
  • FMC doesnt look or work exactly like the real plane. ( I know you said a custom FMC is in the future)
  • Overspeed test should work independent on each engine.
  • Fuel quantity goes down by 10's I believe...so 1000, 990, 980 etc.
  • Crossfeeding only seems to work the way you turn the main white knob...the knob shouldnt do that, its only to activate the crossfeeding but you have to turn both fuel pumps on, turn the crossfeed knob either way and THEN turn off either the right or left fuel pump depending on the side you want to take fuel from.
  • Radar doesnt work, not a huge deal but something in the long term maybe
  • Emergency Comm 1 button should work, easy fix
  • Cabin press (Auto/Man switch) and also setting should be able to work (not a big deal, i'm getting really picky with stuff and a lot of it doesnt really matter too much)
  • Avionics switch, Comm 1 only should work
  • You should be able to request GPU
  • Need to have a SYS page/overlay on the MFD showing battery voltage, degrees etc.
  • Condition levers should have stops. Idle cutoff should click in, Feather should click in, Ground Idle should click in then up from there. Makes it easier to know which one youre at.
  • Prop values go negative if engine shutoff in air (not a huge deal, low on priority list) same with low power settings when on approach to land
  • Prim/Sec trim doesnt work ( not a big deal)
  • Steering Taxi/Take-off and nothing should work. The steering range and sensitivity should be different for the mode youre in
  • Engine sound glitches when starting the engine as you engage starter (higher on priority list)
  • Propellers overlap each other on the exterior, two different images
  • Theres no pink cross on the Artificial Horizon (PFD) unless its a setting that I dont know about on the real airplane...just the wings FD
  • Autopilot is too jumpy, if I engage the AP, the movements should be slow not jerky
  • Propeller sounds the same at various power settings in the air (might be tedious to get the sound files needed for this so not super high on the list but would be nice)
  • I'm getting negative torque values on the ground when stopping (if I recall correctly)
  • Theres no reverse on the ground (higher on the list), unless im missing something and I just dont know the button
  • The real aircraft doesnt like to be at low power settings so when im on approach and the power is low, the aircraft should nose down and slow down more, especially on landing
  • Like 2

@Flightmasta1 thanks a lot for the observations. The weak link is that although I have some good documentation, there are things that only a real pilot can see in the real plane, and your notes are very helpful. 

One of the drawbacks are that Avanti is a side project that I'm working on when I have some spare time. Although I had some help from couple Avanti pilots, when I was working on the plane, they were not available, or their response was too late. So I had to come up with a few things, just from my experiences. For example, as soon as you get turn avionics on, there is an alignment procedure which I didn't knew which was and the duration, so I came up with one I remembered from one bird I flew. Which is wrong. A learn about the right one, just after released the last update.

Currently, I' very focused on pushing on the DC9. When I will have time to work again on Avanti, I will drop you a PM. Will be great, if you will be available, to get your help, to make thing right, one by one.

• Like 1

@airfighter No worries, I knew that this isnt exactly on the top of the list right now, so no problem! :) I'd love to help out anyway I can. The main reason I want to use the aircraft is to go through the rotary test, other preflight items, engine start and some FMC & Navigation. Rotary test would be awesome to have running and shouldn't take very long to implement. Its just looking for different lights, horns and information on the MFD/PFD. Can't wait to give you a hand when you finish the DC9! 

19 minutes ago, Flightmasta1 said:

@airfighter No worries, I knew that this isnt exactly on the top of the list right now, so no problem! :) I'd love to help out anyway I can. The main reason I want to use the aircraft is to go through the rotary test, other preflight items, engine start and some FMC & Navigation. Rotary test would be awesome to have running and shouldn't take very long to implement. Its just looking for different lights, horns and information on the MFD/PFD. Can't wait to give you a hand when you finish the DC9! 

Could you please explain what the Rotary test is?

Thanks!

@korkiley Sure. The rotary test is done on the first flight of the day to check that the systems are working as they should. For example, making sure every light on the annunciation panel lights up along with both master caution and warning lights, Fire bottle lights, ice light etc. You turn the dial, as show in the attached picture, and either press and release or press and hold the button in the middle of the dial to activate the test. There are 16 tests on the rotary dial. Landing gear, Stall, Flaps, Hydraulics, Avionics Fan, Radar Altimeter, Overspeed Warning, Ice Detection, FWD Wing Anti Ice, Main Wing Anti Ice, Annunciator, Lamp, Fire detection, Fuel Quantity, Steer and Engine Exceed. Some of these tests require more than others. Some have 2 or 3 steps to them but they just check the systems before flying. It seems like a lot but once you get used to it and learn how to go through them you can do it in about 5 minutes.

InkedWCD-245a_LI.jpg

Edited by Flightmasta1
Adding a picture
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, this may be newb operator error. Never seen this issue in any other aircraft, so I thought I would ask.

Under no circumstances can I get this aircraft to move forward for either taxi, or when starting at a runway. I've tried various startup procedures, including x-planes "auto start." I've tried not using the FMS, inputing a flight plan for the FMS, etc.

Release parking brake, throttle to full, and nothing happens. The aircraft seems glued to a single spot.

Again, I'm a bit new to this, and certainly to a Gizmo/Lua dependent aircraft, so I'm pretty sure I'm missing something.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Jextron said:

Sorry, this may be newb operator error. Never seen this issue in any other aircraft, so I thought I would ask.

Under no circumstances can I get this aircraft to move forward for either taxi, or when starting at a runway. I've tried various startup procedures, including x-planes "auto start." I've tried not using the FMS, inputing a flight plan for the FMS, etc.

Release parking brake, throttle to full, and nothing happens. The aircraft seems glued to a single spot.

Again, I'm a bit new to this, and certainly to a Gizmo/Lua dependent aircraft, so I'm pretty sure I'm missing something.

Thanks.

Hello there.

Inside your X-Plane 11 folder are 2 files, Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt. Please attach them to your reply here. Also tell me what other plugins you are using. Also, watch this video with a few details on the plane, in case you are missing something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgg0l9ZRZcQ

14 minutes ago, Jextron said:

No, still seems glued in place. I noticed that my FMS looks different than the one in your video tour. Is it possible I have an old version with new scripts and something isn't compatible?

To have the latest version you need to download all the below.

First file will install an older version of the plane and the required Gizmo plugin. After done that, delete the aircraft folder and put in place the second file. At the end, replace the script folder inside the Avanti folder with the last file.

Make sure that you have done that, and report back results.

aaa.thumb.png.5cb2be63093e4b7c0fd93012fe4be18a.png

Edited by airfighter

• 1 month later...

@airfighter

Hi,

first, thanks for this amazing plane! A real beauty and really nice to fly!

Now for my issue: Already twice I had a problem, where the engines go to idle (almost shut off) without user input. Also I can't bring them back up with my throttle or even with keyboard input, the handle and throttle just won't move/change anymore. The engines sit at around idle, but everything else works. Plane spins out of control, falls down like a stone and crashes. I was just flying a RNAV approach, almost at the final leg when this happened. Anybody else having this problem? Logs attached

Thanks again! Looking forward for future updates and a possible fix for my issue :)

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

5 minutes ago, nex said:

@airfighter

Hi,

first, thanks for this amazing plane! A real beauty and really nice to fly!

Now for my issue: Already twice I had a problem, where the engines go to idle (almost shut off) without user input. Also I can't bring them back up with my throttle or even with keyboard input, the handle and throttle just won't move/change anymore. The engines sit at around idle, but everything else works. Plane spins out of control, falls down like a stone and crashes. I was just flying a RNAV approach, almost at the final leg when this happened. Anybody else having this problem? Logs attached

Thanks again! Looking forward for future updates and a possible fix for my issue :)

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Did you engaged VNAV?

18 minutes ago, nex said:

I'm not sure. I was flying the RNAV approach. How do I know VNAV is engaged?

If you pressed the VNAV button. Although exists, X-Plane behaviour is wrong (engages autothrottle) which is not right. So the throttles are controlled by the "AP" and you can do nothing, except press it again to exit and select another vertical mode (V/S, FLC, etc).

8 minutes ago, airfighter said:

If you pressed the VNAV button. Although exists, X-Plane behaviour is wrong (engages autothrottle) which is not right. So the throttles are controlled by the "AP" and you can do nothing, except press it again to exit and select another vertical mode (V/S, FLC, etc).

I'm not sure, but I don't think I was in VNAV, I only engaged AP and set AP NAV to FMS. I did some FLC, but always controlled the throttle manually during the whole flight. After the issue, the throttles were at 0 and didn't change at all (I saw the values on the data output overlay, always at 0), even the keyboard command "throttle up a bit" didn't do anything to the throttle value. I disconnected all servos, but couldn't change throttle even then.

Edited by nex

4 hours ago, nex said:

I'm not sure, but I don't think I was in VNAV, I only engaged AP and set AP NAV to FMS. I did some FLC, but always controlled the throttle manually during the whole flight. After the issue, the throttles were at 0 and didn't change at all (I saw the values on the data output overlay, always at 0), even the keyboard command "throttle up a bit" didn't do anything to the throttle value. I disconnected all servos, but couldn't change throttle even then.

First of all, you can't control the throttles via manipulators in 3D cockpit. This is something that will come in the near feature bundled with VR compatibility. You can only control them via joystick or keyboard. Is there any possibility to have any kind of problem with your joystick?