IXEG737 , a few questions

wain

so since this has been updated for XP11 I don't want to fly anything else. Only using P3D as I have been testing AH2 for the last 3 years with the devs, but this is my main ride.

I can't find an FCOM but was wondering instead if I am better to get the book by Mike Ray? I have found it in the UK on Amazon, is it helpful?

Here are a few things I can't seem to sort, maybe me, maybe I need the book, who knows.....Just want to learn what I can and get more enjoyment from the sim.

Transition Altitude- cant' find it on the page where it should be......am I missing something or does it have a differnet wording?

capture the GS- do I then disengage LNAV / VNAV?

DISCOS-I can't find anywhere that explains how to remove them.

FMS errors, mistakes input by me- if I mispell a waypoint how do I correct it?

Video explaining ILS approach procedures- is there a good one?

Would really appreciate any pointers on any of these, like I say I have a hunger to really learn this, I was previously just an A320 person.

Before someone says read the manual I have it all printed off,(in the Aircraft folder) but still need to ask these questions, particularly interested if anyone has the book....

Thanks

Wayne

1 hour ago, wain said:

Transition Altitude- cant' find it on the page where it should be......am I missing something or does it have a differnet wording?

On aviation exist 2 terms:

TA: transition altitude, this is the altitude when climbing you switch from QNH altimeter to QNE altitimeter 29.92 and you start flying FL (Flight Levels FLXXX)

You set the TA on the PERF INIT page on the bottom right corner, in USA the TA is 18000ft, other countries/regions is variable given their airspace rules. The charts specify this.

TL: transition level, this is the FLXXX at which you switch back to altitudes when descending. Altimeter moving from QNE back to QNH

You set on the DES page.

capture the GS- do I then disengage LNAV / VNAV?

I do recommend the tutorials. See at the bottom.

DISCOS-I can't find anywhere that explains how to remove them.

Press the LSK X (left soft key) of the first waypoint below the disco (this will copy the waypoint name to the scratchpad automatically), then press the LSK of the disco and this will shift the entire flight plan one step up and clear the disco.

FMS errors, mistakes input by me- if I mispell a waypoint how do I correct it?

To delete a waypoint press DEL key (DELETE will be shown on the scratchpad) then press the key of the waypoint you want to delete, that position on the fmc will be cleared. Re-type the waypoint name on the scratchpad and press the soft ley you cleared to insert.

note: if you missed to insert a waypoint, suppose you entered A then C then D and you missed to enter B inbetween A & C. Simply type B on the sratchpad, then pess the softkey of C. This will shift C and remaining flight plan D, etc. one step down and insert B inbetween A & C.

Video explaining ILS approach procedures- is there a good one?

Tons of profesional tutorials for the different phases of flight you will be required to understand and know how it is done on the real thing.

Hope this helps.

Edited by mmerelles
  • Upvote 1

• 3 years later...