Graphic issue on FMS

Palko75

• 2 months later...

I have the exact same issue.  And yes, I'm using the Oculus Rift, with FlyInside and X-Plane 11.  Whenever the Radar is switched on, the orange characters show up in the fmc, same as your photo.  The illumnated radio numbers also all either dissapear, or get very dim.  Switch the Radar back off, and no problem.  Don't know if it's an issue with the Oculus, or FlyInside.  The issue isn't there when I fire off X-Plane as a stand-alone.

- Bill

Thanks for the info, guys - I have an Oculus myself, but haven´t tried in 11.10 yet (because I thought FlyInside isn´t working with it yet).

I will try and verify - and maybe something can be done.

At the latest when native VR for XP11 is on the table, we will re-evaluate this problem.

Cheers, Jan

Thank you Jan.  Sounds good.  I just haven't been using the Radar because of this issue.  Everything else seems to be fine.  I will say that I have found the IXEG 737 very usable in VR.  And is still my favorite plane to fly.  The details you guys put into this plane really shine in VR.

- Bill

Hi Bill,

I like to use it in VR myself - but find that I can´t read the instruments and dials with enough precision - there simply is not enough resolution. The feeling of being in the cockpit is awesome, but to really use it professionally (for example the FMC) is not quite possible, in my opinion.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

I use the mouse wheel to zoom, when using the fmc.  Using the zoom where necessary, I am able to configure the aircraft for full flights.  But, you are correct that VR really, REALLY needs higher resolution for flight sim. That being said, I'm willing to put up with having to 'zoom' in on things like the fmc, in order to fly in VR.  The submerssivenes is just too addicting. I'm figuring if I can tolerate VR at this level, it should only get better in the near future.  I believe their are already 4K devices being developed such as the Pimax.

- Bill