xEnviro Weather SDK

JoaoVBettu

Hello IXEG team. The xEnviro developer announced on his Facebook they'll be releasing really soon a Weather SDK for aircraft developers to integrate it on their aircraft. He said he was already talking to JARDesign and FlightFactor. Will IXEG also be integrated with the new xEnviro version? Thanks.

29 minutes ago, JoaoVBettu said:

Hello IXEG team. The xEnviro developer announced on his Facebook they'll be releasing really soon a Weather SDK for aircraft developers to integrate it on their aircraft. He said he was already talking to JARDesign and FlightFactor. Will IXEG also be integrated with the new xEnviro version? Thanks.

Unknown at this time. There are many other priorities over this at the moment, and the 737 works perfectly fine with default X-Plane weather, SkyMaxx Pro, and other third party injectors.

• Upvote 1

I doubt that XEnviro will ever be integrated to IXEG 737 due to the fact that XEnviro is a competitor of SkyMaxx Pro. I hope I'm wrong. And this is just my doubt. In my opinion, XEnviro should initiate the adaptability of their plug in, again my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Sir_Chief said:

I doubt that XEnviro will ever be integrated to IXEG 737 due to the fact that XEnviro is a competitor of SkyMaxx Pro. I hope I'm wrong. And this is just my doubt. In my opinion, XEnviro should initiate the adaptability of their plug in, again my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sense... :lol::lol::lol:

I would welcome an implementation - xEnviro is a nice tool and its sad to see, that you dont have rain effects on the windshild most of the time when flying throught xenviro generated rainy clouds.. and of course the WR... time will see.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12.8.2017 at 0:04 AM, Cameron said:

Unknown at this time. There are many other priorities over this at the moment, and the 737 works perfectly fine with default X-Plane weather, SkyMaxx Pro, and other third party injectors.

@Cameron

Can you please tell me why the 737 is fine with SkyMaxx Pro but not with xEnviro?

Is e.g. the weather radar display and the rain effect on the windshield correct if SkyMaxx Pro is used?

Why is this not the case if xEnviro is used?

Thanks a lot for your information.

Kind regards

Jens

4 hours ago, jixeg737 said:

@Cameron

Can you please tell me why the 737 is fine with SkyMaxx Pro but not with xEnviro?

Hi Jens, I think at this point this question is better directed at xenviro which apparently is modifying the weather in a different way than standard default X-Plane does. We have no idea what/how they are doing it at this point.  But, I guess we might find out when their SDK comes. The IXEG wxradar is pretty advanced. They have not contacted us.

M

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jixeg737 said:

Because SkyMaxx Pro still talks enough to X-Plane's weather system to where the information it provides is enough for X-Plane to then still accurately feed info into the 737. xEnviro does not do this.

Is e.g. the weather radar display and the rain effect on the windshield correct if SkyMaxx Pro is used?

Yes.

Why is this not the case if xEnviro is used?

See above.

@Cameron

Hello Cameron,

may I ask in this forum/topic where I can find the list of changes that have been done from SkyMaxx Pro V4.5 to V4.6?

I am asking since I saw a video about SkyMaxx Pro v4.5 (with Real Weather Connector) which points out that SkyMaxx Pro does not cover the entire horizon (instead of xEnviro).

May I also ask if Real Weather Connector is also compatible with the IXEG 737?

(Since you wrote, SkyMaxx Pro is compatible with the IXEG 737, I think about buying SkyMaxx Pro).

Thanks.

Regards

Jens

Edited by jixeg737

6 hours ago, jixeg737 said:

may I ask in this forum/topic where I can find the list of changes that have been done from SkyMaxx Pro V4.5 to V4.6?

Here: http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/13519-skymaxx-pro-v46-has-been-released/?do=findComment&comment=123225

I am asking since I saw a video about SkyMaxx Pro v4.5 (with Real Weather Connector) which points out that SkyMaxx Pro does not cover the entire horizon (instead of xEnviro).

That is not true. SkyMaxx Pro v4 has always been capable of extending to the horizon if your computer can handle it (depends how many add-ons you're using all at once in X-Plane...scenery, HD Mesh, etc).

May I also ask if Real Weather Connector is also compatible with the IXEG 737?

Yes, it is.

Well I am able to get it to work just fine with xEnviro. You just have to inject the xEnviro weather into the xPlane weather for it to appear on the IXEG radar. IXEG takes its info from the xplane weather page. xEnviro is a separate engine and does not interact with xplane weather. However, if you set xplane weather to use custom weather and point it to the xEnviro generated METAR.rwx file, it will use this to generate rain and rain echo on the radar. Of course this relies on the METAR info and might differ from what xEnviro shows, i.e. the xEnviro engine might be outputting rain at altitude when the METAR shows no rain, so you won't see it in this case.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 2