[Merged] xEnviro

BrianCoyote

XE provides stunning visuals for long range view and many other amenities, but it also shows a number of side effects like winds aloft screwed, weird metars and possible triggers of CTDs with some other addons. That's why I wish the devs of both parties could take a look at what's going on when both of the plugins are enabled. Hope that commercial interests are not avoiding this to happen. [emoji4]

Hi guys,

thank you for your feedback.

I     I have tried to debug the crash to desktop problem as follows…

My steps:
disabled all addons and all orthoscenery
loaded x-plane
launched fiddler (web debugger, btw. thank you Telerik!)
waited for xEnviro to download the weather for the first time and then
disconnected my router
reconnected my router after several attempts from xEnviro to connect to the internet

Results: (please have a look at the two screenshots)
-       
xEnviro does not crash when I disconnect my computer from the internet
-        xEnviro tries to download the weather after the interval the user selected in xEnviros settings (>= 5 min) but does not crash
       when I disconnect my computer from the internet

-        xEnviro just  loads the same (old) weather again and again.
-       
after reconnected to the internet xEnviro downloads the updated weather and does not crash.

Summary:
It is no longer easy to say that xEnviro is responsible for the ctd’s. This is not an absolution, maybe their server delivers occasionally corrupt data or the stability of xEnviro degrades after a while. The interaction with other plugins, certain values in their settings could also be a problem.

Tom           

“And here, poor fool, I stand once more, No (much) wiser than I was before”.
Freely based on Goethes Faust, original translation from Walter Arndt

1. No internet connection - router disconnected

xEnviro router disconnected.jpg

2.  Internet connection available - router reconnected

xEnviro router reconnected.jpg

Edited by hhbrbg

1 hour ago, crisk73 said:

These days there are reports of XEnviro servers down causing CTDs so this could be the culprit.

(Many many problems with that plugin, they are all talk and no action imho).

Hi,

You are right I read some of these posts, but I'm afraid it's not so simple as many suggest. You can simulate a server down problem by yourself.

Steps:
- Load x-plane with xEnviro and the default Cessna such as at LOWI
- in the xEnviro settings select a weather download intervall of 5 minutes
- wait for the first time the weather (clouds) appear to see if xEnviro is active
- simulate a server down by pulling your internet cable from your computer
- wait at least 30 minutes and see what happens
- would be nice to hear from your testresults

Ciao and greetings to Bella Italia
Tom

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, hhbrbg said:

Hi,

Was xEnviro active at the time of the crash?

Tom

Hi Tom, 

no, I don't even use XEnviro. 

The only two other plugins active at this time where the landing speed rating thing (don't know the exact name) and XACARS. 
Like I said, the problems did not occur before IXEG 1.2. On the other hand, I was doing an very short flight from EDDL to EDDK at friday and there everything went well. I was not running XACARS there. 

Greetings, 
Chris

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, partTimePilot said:

no, I don't even use XEnviro. 

The only two other plugins active at this time where the landing speed rating thing (don't know the exact name) and XACARS. 
Like I said, the problems did not occur before IXEG 1.2. On the other hand, I was doing an very short flight from EDDL to EDDK at friday and there everything went well. I was not running XACARS there. 

Hi Chris,

Oh, you don't use xEnviro. This is a valuable and important information. I don't know XACARS. Does it run within x-planes plugin system or is it x-plane independent (you start programme by yourself).

Greetings
Tom

Hi Tom,

XACARS is a flight tracking system used by my virtual arline. I am not exactly sure how to tell whether or not XACARS is running with the x-plane plugin system. 
If I remember correctly you copy it into the plugins folder for installation. From then on you have an item in the menu. When you click it XACARS loads up. 
For more info about XACARS please see: http://www.xacars.net/

Greetings, 
Chris

Hello,

I am also having random crashes lately, since 1.1 it seems. (I am still on XP10.

I am using xenviro but I can't do without it because the sim looks so good with it. I am flying everyday IRL and I can say there is no better weather depiction than xenviro currently in XP even if some things need to be adressed.

But it really pieces me off to have those crashes. Don't know if it is XP, IXEG or Xenviro. Today, it crashed when I tried to move the IXEG to the gate and load it in turn around mode. It means 3 times loading for XP and crash often occurs on 3rd time. I reloaded the sim, did preflight my 733 but had a crash in initial climb. I reloaded the sim 3rd time, took off right from the runway and the flight went well from LSGG to LFPG. I lost about 30 to 40 min reloading the sim and starting my flight all over again...:(

And nothing in the log to help guessing who is the culprit...

But it sure may have to do with IXEG because it only happens when flying the IXEG...

Pierre...pissed but loving the IXEG so much

I am getting these crashes as well, but wouldn't put it on version 1.2.

I removed XEnviro and I am able to complete all my flights. I am almost sure that XEnviro is the reason. Looks like whenever xE is updating weather AND is not able to reach their server at this time, a crash is probable.

Let's hope, this is fixed in xEs next version, whenever it will arrive.

Until then, I'll use XPs default weather, which is not to bad as well.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

First flight with the aircraft, newly updated after the prompt in XP11 after initial load.

At cruise, 2hrs 12mins in, FL360, approaching the UK coast from the south.

No indication, just boom .. .straight to the XP11 crash screen.  I do have Enviro 1.06 running along with the standard plug ins.  I have completed a number of Ortho tiles, Jersey Islands which might have been close to the crash zone.  Logic says I should remove relevant tiles and refly, but i've had no problems with them before.

I see three text files but not sure if the're log files.  Is there a single crash log?  Same goes for XP11..is there a log, I can't find an obvious one.

-Dean.

Gentlemans,

can you please stop blaming XEnviro for the crashes. There is no proof for your wild guessing. This is not helpful and distracts from the fact that there are crashes for a currently unknown reason. @hhbrbg has reproduced a connection loss to the XEnviro Servers and that did not cause a crash and I don't even have XEnviro. To me this indicates that XEnviro is not responsible for this crashes or at least not in all cases.

@Litjan or @Morten my logs do not contain any info why xplane crashed. Is there a special debug mode that I can activate to get more info from the logs in the future?

Greetings,

Chris

46 minutes ago, partTimePilot said:

Gentlemans,

can you please stop blaming XEnviro for the crashes. There is no proof for your wild guessing. This is not helpful and distracts from the fact that there are crashes for a currently unknown reason. @hhbrbg has reproduced a connection loss to the XEnviro Servers and that did not cause a crash and I don't even have XEnviro. To me this indicates that XEnviro is not responsible for this crashes or at least not in all cases.

@Litjan or @Morten my logs do not contain any info why xplane crashed. Is there a special debug mode that I can activate to get more info from the logs in the future?

Greetings,

Chris

Hi Chris,

there are many unknowns. I showed only that a simple disconnecting of the internet cable does not lead to an x-plane crash. At least in my case. But I can't say what happens when xenviro is able to connect to the weather server and there goes sometimes wrong. Imagine the case when the server get's to many requests at once and cannot handle them. This is a very complicated thing. As Donald Rumsfeld said "the known unknowns". The whole thing is somewhat foggy :).

Cheers

Tom

• Upvote 1

Hi Tom, hi all,

of course there are many unknowns. 

I don't say that XEnviro might not be responsible for crashing X-Plane. It just can not be in my case, which would mean there are at least two bugs present - in whatever part of software.

However, this discussion about what might be the root cause needs some more facts. I am willing to test some more and provide details but as I said, there is nothing useful in the logs. What can I do to get more Info?

cheers,

chris 

13 minutes ago, partTimePilot said:

Hi Tom, hi all,

of course there are many unknowns. 

I don't say that XEnviro might not be responsible for crashing X-Plane. It just can not be in my case, which would mean there are at least two bugs present - in whatever part of software.

However, this discussion about what might be the root cause needs some more facts. I am willing to test some more and provide details but as I said, there is nothing useful in the logs. What can I do to get more Info?

cheers,

chris 

attach your log.txt file found on your xplane root folder after a crash.

in my experience, if the log has absolutely no trace of the crash coming then your video card is getting out of vram. To confirm:

1. try one flight you typically crash but lowering down as much as possible for testing those vram heavy consumers like textures, clouds, orthos, etc.

2. try implementing any free application for monitoring your gpu vram usage real time. Do not use xplane monitor, this only shows textures nothing else, this is not total vram usage at all

edit: about the xenviro thing, if you monitor your vram usage having it installed vs not, this app is a heavy user. They said to be working hard on vram management/optimization for upcoming update.

Edited by mmerelles

Hello,

I did find out the same conclusion as above.

At the time xenviro was downloading weather, I first had a sim hang, then the flight continues. 5 min later, new download from xenviro, new hang and then direct CTD.

Nothing in xplane log, but in xenviro Iog could see two download attempts that did not process as the others downloads before that. The timing match the first sim hang and the second CTD.

I wrote a ticket at xenviro but it seems not to be of any evidence for Mdavidov. He keeps saying it is due to others plugins or the fact that I reloaded the IXEG above another aircraft (I flew patterns during 1hr in Airfoillabs C172 with xenviro without a problem, then I loaded the IXEG by using the Quick Flight setup option). I had the hang and crash 10 to 15 min into the IXEG flight still on ground.

Well for me their is clearly an incompatibility problem between xenviro and IXEG. Don't know which side but I think both developper should have a check because IXEG and xenviro are the best combo currently available in xplane for IFR liner flights. It would be a pity to have to switch off one to enjoy the other. If I remember well from my FSX time, developers such as PMDG, Majestic or Fslabs did cooperate with Hifi Active Sky during their development. Maybe IXEG and xenviro could keep in touch (even if I know both IXEG and xenviro challenger SKYMAXX are selling on the same shop).

I also have frequent crashes when loading the IXEG and trying to change start config and fuel or relocate the IXEG. When clicking apply, the IXEG often crashes during reloading. In that case, I have This application has crashed because of the plugin : [XPLM PLUGIN XPLANE]  I do not know what is this plugin? Any idea?

Best regards,

Pierre

Edited by Sweet19blue

I too am having this issue, ive been flying XP11 with the IXEG no problems, Today i bought xEnviro and boom, every single flight im getting the CTD with the nvoglv64.dll error, im going to try changing the nVidia driver as currently on the latest as this is a brand new fresh install of Win10x64 and XP11.

Hi everyone,

we are still investigating this problem, your help with all this is greatly appreciated. A cursory glance at our code relating to OpenGL and the "draw vortices" option did not reveal anything obvious.

We are not claiming this bug to be "xEnviro´s problem", they have a great add-on that we want to have compatibility with eventually!

Thanks for your patience and support, Jan

• Upvote 2