altimeter & adf setting

khdgermany

Hello,

Yesterday I made myself a little christmas gift and puchased the Corvalis. Very nice plane I like to say after the first three flights.

Two questions which I couldn't answer from the manual (perhaps I have overseen it):

- How do you set ADF's in this plane?

- The PFD offers the option to switch the barometric setting between inHg and hPa; as I fly mostly in Europe I would like to go to hPa, however, the system does not accept to change it. (the same happens for Meters and Feet, but not that important)

Thank you in advance and

Merry Christmas

Hello,

Yesterday I made myself a little christmas gift and puchased the Corvalis. Very nice plane I like to say after the first three flights.

Two questions which I couldn't answer from the manual (perhaps I have overseen it):

- How do you set ADF's in this plane?

- The PFD offers the option to switch the barometric setting between inHg and hPa; as I fly mostly in Europe I would like to go to hPa, however, the system does not accept to change it. (the same happens for Meters and Feet, but not that important)

Thank you in advance and

Merry Christmas

• You need to use the FMS in order to input an ADF.

• Although the softkey for metric is visible, the functionality has not yet been implemented.

Jim

Hi Jim,

thank you for the info. May I come back to the altimeter calibration, can I switch between InHg and hPa? If it is not switchable on the panel, is there any other method to get a hPa readout?

Regards

K.H.

ALL of the functionality of the G1000 that allows for switching to metric (for the Altimeter and Barometer) have not yet been implemented.  Until this is implemented there really is no way to give you the functionality you want at this time, sorry.

Jim

I'm on the road at the moment, so I can't test this, but on most (all?) planes if you go into your weather settings and select hPa in the bottom left corner then the sim will output hPa on the digital instruments as well. Might be worth trying.

Almost all the instruments in the Corvalis are "custom" so setting the Baro to hPa in the weather panel will not change anything in the aircraft.

Jim

• 1 year later...