[Solved]IXEG 737 crashes - likely plugin shortlist?g

bootsie

I've been having issues with the aircraft crashing, usually just during a cruise doing apparently nothing.  I'd ignored it and moved on to other things until it was officially XP11 ready - so, I was really looking forward to using v1.2.

So I installed, everything went really well, then the same thing - a full X-Plane crash during cruise.  Nothing obvious in either the X-Plane or the Gizmo logs.  So, I'm now down to stripping out each of the plugins and seeing what happens.  But I have so many plugins and it may take many hours of flight to see if the problem is resolved or not.

So, my question is - are there plugins that are more likely to cause problems than others? Like maybe weather plugins, perhaps? Or USB switch panel plugins maybe?  I guess I'm trying to shortcut the diagnostic process by removing the ones more likely to cause issues before the less likely ones.

I guess people might be wary about naming the "more likely" plugins on a public forum so feel free to PM me instead if that's better.  Or perhaps just name the general type of plugin.  However, my system is perfectly stable with a host of other aircraft so I guess it would be a compatibility issue on my specific setup rather than a faulty plugin or aircraft (that's the legal aspect covered then ;))

I can post up a list of my current plugins if that helps, but I guess I'm looking for someone to say something like "xSomePlugin seems to cause more problems than most".  Just to give me somewhere to start.

Edited by Morten

Do you use xenviro?  There have been reports of it crashing the sim when it cannot reach its server for some reason.  I got so many random crashes with the xp10 version I stopped flying it, but a quick test without xenviro allowed me to complete a longer flight without a crash.  Im going to try xp11 and see if it helps, then if not I will try without xenviro.  I cant really narrow it down to other aircraft because IXEG is the only plane I fly in XP!

Edited by apilot53@aol.com

16 minutes ago, apilot53@aol.com said:

Do you use xenviro?  There have been reports of it crashing the sim when it cannot reach its server for some reason.

Yes, I am using xEnviro and I'm aware of the crash when it cannot reach it's server, though I've only had that on the initial loading rather than during a flight.  But perhaps I've just been lucky! It was high on my list of things to disable anyway.

9 minutes ago, Morten said:

Scenery problems are also a common suspect...

Would that not show in the x-plane log? I think I'm using default scenery (I was flying in Brazil) but I'll make sure next flight I exclude all the addon scenery.

I removed xEnviro and have disabled ANY custom scenery in the area I've been flying around and I've had no issues whatsoever in 3 flights/8 hours so far, so looking good.  I'll bring xEnviro back in for another test flight and see what happens.

The new v1.2 update is great in XP11 by the way, thanks to all concerned.

• Upvote 1