RWC Problem

[Knight]

This has happened several times and needs to be addressed. Is this really working how it is supposed to? Where were the Thunder cells at? Why did the weather change even know I have the " Never changed visible weather " box ticked. Smooth transitions.... Really nothing smooth about it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm starting to lose my hair over this. Proof below.......

As you can see I opened up the options for RWC to try and try to change it and it strait out crashed. I was expecting that from previous encounters with this problem, so not complaining about that at all. Not being a dick here, but this seems to be a reoccurring thing for me.

I am using NOAA plugin while flying on Vatsim and here are my settings **WEATHER IN NOAA IS FROM A DIFFERENT TIME/LOCATION AND SHOULD BE DISREGARDED**

uVdlcPU.jpg

• Upvote 1

We really don't have much to go on here as far as the crash is concerned,  next time it happens try sending us over a log.txt.... From the video it looks like you had a lot going on with your pc it's possible, and only an assumption, you pushed it over the edge when you opened the RWC dialog....

As far as the sudden turbulence is concerned we have nothing to do with the upper winds or winds in general .....noaa or x-plane default handle them...

• Downvote 1

So the invisible thundercell I flew threw has nothing do with with your cloud placement? This post was not about the turbulence or the game crash. The settings I have should not conflict with one another. Considering you get the weather data form your source and inject them into my game, the missing thundercell cloud is on your end and not mine. I know nothing is going to be perfect but the fact your weather data injected the precipitation and not the cloud is just puzzling. the point being you say this:

The Overall Description
Real Weather Connector lets you see different weather conditions in the distance, and fly into them smoothly, just like in real life. All of the clouds around you will be in the right place and at the right altitude, and won't just "pop" in as you fly. This type of experience was not possible with SkyMaxx Pro v3 due to limitations in X-Plane. We've coded around that to make this possible!

But that video showed different.

So I ask... Where are the clouds that I should have flown through? Because no where else can you fly in clear sky and have it rain and hail.

• Upvote 1

Currently there is no way for X-Plane to communicate with add-ons like SMP in order to synchronize the precise placement of thunderstorm cells. So you may see mismatches between where SMP draws thunderheads, and where X-Plane thinks there is wind associated with them. If you enable SMP's precipitation synchronization with RWC, then the rain should at least be consistent.

We've talked to Laminar about ways to make this happen in a future version of X-Plane, and already have some code ready to go for it on our end.

As for performance of storm clouds, we're working to improve that too. For now, the best way to improve performance in stormy conditions is to lower your "cloud area covered" setting.

Edited by sundog