Some issues

I have bought the LES DC-3 (version 1.4) a month ago and have flown it so far almost on a daily basis - with much pleasure - to get familiar to the plane. I’ve experienced  thereby some issues. I have read all the posts in the forum (Forums/Commercial Vendors/LES/Support/DC-3) and noticed that other users have (/had?) also the issues I have at this moment. These posts however date back to 2012-2014. Apparently these issues are still current of which I wonder if they could be solved.  

My issues relate to the following:

1) Difficult to see nav/com tuning knobs.

2) Guess work condition cowl flaps; have to confirm by using exterior view.

3) Autopilot. The manual says that the lower disc of the Heading Hold & Directional Gyro window is the adjustable heading (the heading you want to go). While the upper disc is the actual Directional Gyro that the lower disc will allign itself to.In my case the upper disc is adjustable, not the lower disc. Moreover, and that is the important thing, when I adjust the upper disc to another heading , the lower disc should take over this heading, but the lower disc does not react at all.

4) Fuel selectors: the mouse click tank selection does not  drag you from 1 spot to the the next, but is rather uncontrollable moving the mouse.

5) The door to the passenger cabin is clickable but does not open.

6) Too much ground resistance while taxiing and taking off from dirt/grass runway (with engines full open, hardly any movement).

7) Engine feather: if left engine feather control is pressed, it cannot be undone,;the right engine feather works allright.

Any help is much appreciated.

1.  New texture available soon

2.  Refined in the coming update

3.  Next update.
4.  Next update

5.  That SHOULD be working, but I'll take a look.  If it needs anything extra, It'll be in the update.

6.  This was a casualty of possibly too much friction on the ground in the XP9 ground friction.   It's on the list for the XP11 update.

7. I'll take a look and see what can be done about it.  The paid upgrade will have new functionality in that.

Thank you for the quick reply. I await your answer (issue nr. 5 and nr. 7) and the coming updates regarding the other issues with great interest and if possible within a reasonable time. About the friction on the ground, I hope that the fix will also be of use for XP10 because I'm an XP10 user and have not the intentiom of buying XP11 already.

1 hour ago, domhenry said:

Hi Goran

You mentioned a paid upgrade?

Correct.  As with the Saab, the DC3 will get a free compatibility update to make sure it can run in XP11, along with fixing any existing issues.  This update will only allow the XP10 version to work in XP11, so we can say it is officially supported.  This update will NOT have any new mesh or PBR textures.  

The paid update will be for XP11 only and will feature optimized mesh, in many cases, brand new mesh, more code and full PBR textures.  By full, I mean the entire aircraft is being re-textured from scratch, with all appropriate PBR texture maps.  All current owners of the DC3 will receive a substantial discount on the XP11 PBR updated version.

On June 1, 2017 at 10:50 AM, Goran_M said:

1.  New texture available soon

2.  Refined in the coming update

3.  Next update.
4.  Next update

5.  That SHOULD be working, but I'll take a look.  If it needs anything extra, It'll be in the update.

6.  This was a casualty of possibly too much friction on the ground in the XP9 ground friction.   It's on the list for the XP11 update.

7. I'll take a look and see what can be done about it.  The paid upgrade will have new functionality in that.

Is it possible to assign a keystroke for the right and left aux tanks? If so can you it be done in xp11?